Cosmetics from Claire's/Icing any good?

1. Hi gals
    I was at Claire's this weekend and they had a sale on their cosmetics. I couldn't resist the deal and I bought a palette of about 15 shadows with these fun bright, shimmery colors and am wondering...

Is this makeup any good?? :confused1: I'm sure using a base like UDPP will help but I just want to get some feedback from y'all :smile:

2. I don't think makeup from Claire's is very good, just because their jewlery and accessories aren't very good either. I'm sure it'll look great, but I'm a little iffy about the ingerdients. Those colors look nice...they sure would be fun to experiment with.
  3. I would say....nooo..
  4. I got a bunch of makeup for my 10 yo cousin for Christmas.. I did not buy anything for me though.
  5. i'm sure they're crap, but as long as they don't have lead in them or anything and you use an eyeshadow primer, i'm sure they'll be fun to play with.
  6. that's exactly why i got it--for play/experiment :smile:
    fwiw, here are the ingredients. let me know if there are any that should raise a red flag:

mica, talc, magnesium stearate, isopropyl myristate, bis-diglyceryl polyadipate-2, petrolatum, cyclohexasiloxane, cyclopentasiloxane, methylparaben, propylparaben, bromochlorophene. may contain fd&c blue no.1, fd&c red no.40, fd&c yellow no.5, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, iron oxide black, ultramarines, mica/titanium dioxide.

7. Good for fun and playtime (I love playing with my cheap makeup on a bored day before a shower), but I wouldn't use it for everyday use. For that, I've got the good stuff. I'm intoxicated with my Dior eyemakeup :heart:
  8. I guess they'd be okay to experiment with. Just like their accessories, I used to buy lots of the trendy stuff that I knew I wasn't going to wear for a long time.
  9. Their makeup doesn't last very long. You have to constantly reapply and it smudges a lot. They are fun to play with though.