Coromandel vs Mysore

1. Thought I would post a comparison of Coromandel vs Mysore... hope the comparison helps

Chartreuse & Fuchsia Coromandel... showing the spine. The spine in these 2 bags are not very prominent. Coromandel has fairly obvious grooves

[​IMG]

Turquoise Mysore... you can still see the grooves but they are finer and the leather surface is less "three dimensional" compared to Coromandel

[​IMG]

Bright colors look great on goat leather whether mysore or coromandel, and the sheen on both enhances the color

2. Thanks for the pics. It's very informative. And what a collection of gorgeous colors. I'd love to own a coromandel one day...

3. Thank you, this is very helpful! Gorgeous bags.

4. Thanks for the photos! Helped me realize the distinction betwen the two chevres, although I am not confident that I would be able to distinguish without a side by side comparions.

BTW, your bags are stunning! I am so jealous that you have three chevre bags!:yahoo:

5. I love the colors of your chever birkins. Let me add my black coromandel birkin for reference.

chevre.JPG
  6. What beautiful eye candy to start the day... thank you so much for sharing... stunning!

7. Beautiful! These are great pics!!! I think have them side by side really helps to see the differences. Thanks!

8. Holy cow, I love, love, love these bags!!!! I must get a chevre in a gorgeous color. I just must!!

9. oh my this is making me want something bright in Coromandel HAC!

10. ok i love Mysore!

11. Chevre literally makes me swoon! Here is my turquoise Bolide in mysore:

[​IMG]

And here is my vermillon Kelly, which I believe is coromandel:

[​IMG]

I adore everything about chevre - the smell, the sheen, the durability. Hmmm, maybe I will PO something in chevre....

12. Thank you, archangel for initiating this thread! So helpful. :flowers:

13. Thank you for these pictures! They make for great reference.

14. Beautiful bags, ladies! Chevre is just a great leather. cxyvr, is your bag regular cdc or souple? I have a twin birkin in regular cdc--love it to pieces.

15. Archangel, what fabulous colours! Just wonderful! I completely agree with Rockerchic.

NinjaSue, gorgeous colours too! Plus, I note, a lot of other orange bags!