Cornflower vs. Fall blue/gray?

i had the same dilemma. but i just got a cornflower in the shrug (still waiting for it, hate ups), because it has always been THE color that I've wanted! Just make sure you don't have any regrets.

There is no color with more pop and vibrance than Cornflower blue imo. If you are a serious blue lover like me than go for the Cornflower. I don't think it is at all denim-like, it is a one of a kind blue that literally blazes in direct sunlight. All this talk makes me want to switch back into my cornflower Twiggy tonight!

caelum97 said:
Joseph from BalNY described the color as "a light teal." From the swatches, it looks like a gorgeous color. I like the fact that it has gray undertones. I cannot wait to get my city! Counting down the days...

hmmm... light teal... YUM! OMG this is bad I thought I was safe when I saw the very grey-ish picture of blue-grey from LVR (don't like the very greyish color), but now I'm tempted again....

i totally LOVE my cornflower blue twiggy ***waves to coldplayerlover*** (hehehe we have the same bag) i must say that this colour is just so YUMMY! its just a great shade of blue... it goes well with everything!

I compare the cornflower blue to the color of a ceylon sapphire- it almost has some lavender undertones. From what I've seen of the new color, it looks like its more of a turquoise tone, and in some respects sorta like a peacock blue.

Here's a pic of my cornflower City for your reference. I think it looks great with jeans. Not matchy-matchy at all. However, I really like the color swatches of the fall blue/grey.
1750-kats-handbag-collection-14.jpg

I think the Cornflower blue is just gorgeous. But I can't wait to see this new grey-blue for fall! I called the Bal NY store last week to see what's in stock, and to ask about the upcoming colors, and the SA Terry told me that the new grey-blue would be the color of a "deep ocean."

Just to clarify, ETenebris,are the B-Bags in the photos you posted the fall blue color?

Daniellejp said:
Just to clarify, ETenebris,are the B-Bags in the photos you posted the fall blue color?

Yes, and Style101 pointed out that all of the bags appear to be the same bag...just different sample photographs. I have heard the blue described as a teal sort of color, deep ocean, and the "reverse" of the seafoam color, whatever that means!

If BalNY describes the fall blue/grey as being a "light teal", I think that it would look blue-green. But from the swatches and the sample bags, I really don't see the green undertones. hmmmmm? I guess I'll have to wait to see someone post pics of the first blue/grey bag.

.....too bag there are no Bbag retailers here in Vancouver, Canada so that I can see the colours in person. :sad:

I'm torn between the 2 as well! I really love the swatches of the new fall color, but I am scared that if I don't pounce on a cornflower, I might change my mind later on. :hrmm: I think that if you can afford it, get a cornflower and if you want a blue-grey later on, get that too and decide which one you like better!

Kat - your cornflower city is AMAZING. It looks almost like the 05 teal!! :heart: :heart: :heart: Does it look like that in real life, too? Or does it look closer to sky blue?

Edna said:
I'm torn between the 2 as well! I really love the swatches of the new fall color, but I am scared that if I don't pounce on a cornflower, I might change my mind later on. :hrmm: I think that if you can afford it, get a cornflower and if you want a blue-grey later on, get that too and decide which one you like better!

Kat - your cornflower city is AMAZING. It looks almost like the 05 teal!! :heart: :heart: :heart: Does it look like that in real life, too? Or does it look closer to sky blue?
It looks more like sky blue. In the first pic I posted it looks darker and more shiny than it is IRL. The second pic I posted is what it looks like IRL.

The Cornflower Blue is very pretty, but I'm leaning towards the Blue India/Blue Grey/Deep oceany color. It looks beautiful!!! I'm just hoping the leather will be as nice like some of the other new colors described here on the PF already.