Coral Gables?

1. So my mother suggested that we go to Coral Gables for a week to vacation. I've never been there before and honestly, the only thing I know about it is that the University of Miami is there.
    So what is there to do there? What is the atmosphere like?
    Should I go?
  2. I've never been there either... :shrugs:
  3. Go on that vacation, but don't limit yourself to just Coral Gables because the entire greater Miami area has SO much to offer.
  4. Forget Coral Gables hit Miami Beach WOOHOO :party:

ok seriously I've only ever visited once I don't know if there is enough in Coral Gables for a vacation but there is lots close by too
  5. I don't know what's better in Coral Gables than Miami?!
  6. It's near Miami? I didn't know that..
    I think I just may go on this trip ;)
  7. i dont know if you already went on your trip, but yes it is near miami. hit up miami beach (aka..south beach) there is soo much to do on collins ave. alot of stores!!!
  8. nope. I'm going during the summer.
  9. Go to Palm Beach instead. You can do so much there. Shopping on Worth Ave., the Breakers Hotel and beach is TDF. Lots of good places to eat and fun things to do. You can spend a lot of time just walking around Palm Beach and to me it is safe. Unless you really know your way around the Miami area you have to realize that there is a lot of crime there and if you get lost and end up where you shouldn't be---UGH. Two friends of mine got robbed there making a wrong turn when they got lost......
    I guess it depends on what you want to do. South Beach is more of a hip club area which just screams of energy. Palm Beach is more reserved and quiet.
  10. Palm Beach closes up at 8:00 p.m., come to Miami, Coral GAbles, Key Biscayne, the Keys......Miami Beach, there is something for everyone....let us know your likes and what you enjoy doing on vacation and I am sure all of the Miami/Coral Gables tpers will be glad to give you the lowdown....Coral Gables has a lot going on but should only be part of your vacation in Miami....
  11. Why don't you look up the places you want to go on the internet? They can tell you a lot about the towns.
  12. My mom has a friend in Coral Gables. She likes visiting places where she has friends so that they can show her around a little bit lol. I think I'll just tell her that I want to go to Miami for a day or two since it's my vacation also. Miami sounds like fun from the research I've done! Palm Beach sounds really nice too but from what I've heard and read, it's more for people that are a little bit older. Thanks to everyone!
  13. Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, South Beach, Bal Harbor - you can shop luxury, see art, films and theatre. We have some of the finest restaurants and cafe's in the country - people come from all over the world to check out this part of the planet - don't forget our fantastic beaches and beautiful people watching - Don't miss it!!!!!!!!!
  14. Up until about a month ago I lived in Coral Gables! It is very close to South Beach (about 20 minute drive...just hop onto 95 N, take the Causeway and bam! You're on the beach). The beach is a great touristy place to visit. If you do go to Sobe try one of the restaurants on Lincoln road rather than Ocean Drive (it's not so full of tourists. There are more locals) It's a great place to people watch.

Downtown Coral Gables has a nice happy hour scene and plenty of eating places. Downtown Coconut Grove (borders Coral Gables) in the evenings is pretty much filled with UM students (dive bars) but it has some interesting clothing stores. It's being reconstructed right now so it may look a bit messy. Key Biscayne/Downtown Miami also has some great eating-by-the-water places.

Shopping wise you should definitely check out Bal Harbour. Lots of places to shop! There is a nice outdoor mall in Coral Gables called Merrick Plaza. This is where my Neiman Marcus is! :supacool:

Overall Coral Gables is one giant city/suburb smooshed between Coconut Grove and South Miami. If you need some ideas PM me and I'll share!

btw, Palm Beach is a beautiful area but I feel it lacks a bit of diverse culture. In Miami you'll definitely experience the "Cuban" influence.
  15. ^ what she said. coral gables is a city in miami - a city within a city if you will! the village of merrick park is a fab outdoor upscale mall that i adore! there's neiman's, tiffany, gucci, burberry etc... bal harbour shops is one of my FAVORITE malls ever. amazing stores ( a HUGE LV store) plus the usual Saks, dior, fendi, gucci etc... you will love that. oh and def go to south beach :smile: