Copyrighting a Logo...HELP !

1. Hi everyone, I have a logo that I want to copyright. Eventually I will start My own online site up and I would like to use the logo then. So Im just wondering if any of you can help me and give me some advice on how to go about this and what Im entitled to do with the logo.

Thanks

~Steve~ :flowers:

2. I have no idea, but I would Google "How to get a copyright/trademark" and get details about where to go.

3. oooo thanks ! :flowers: I will do that now

4. LOL! Sorry I couldn't be of more help. . . I rely heavily on Google though!

5. ooo thanks !! :flowers:

6. No probs.

7. ... I always thought you trademarked logos.

8. i wanna see it when you get it copyrighted!

9. it may be different in the UK, although many countries have similar copyright laws, but all original material is copyrighted when it is produced - the copyright is implied, you don't have to apply for it. a copyright can be registered, but that's not necessary for it to be legally binding.

i took a media law class last semester, and a good bit of it was on copyright.

10. you get a trademark for logos and phrases, not a copyright (that is for the content in music, books, software, video/films, website content etc.)

so you would trademark the title of a book and get a copyright on the content in the book

in the US this is done through the US Patent and Trademark office
    Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) Home Page

you file paperwork for each class of goods that you want protection in....so if you want it for clothing and music that would be two categories which requires two separate filing fees

filing fees are currently $325 I think

first step is to search their database online to see if anyone else is already using the mark

hope this helps!