Convince me on why i should get a Bal Day?

1. Please convince me on getting a day... i'm on the fence on this style. I'm worried i look too short for it (i'm 5'5 and a half) and it would be too big on me. :wtf:
    How much stuff can i fit in it?
    Can i dress it up?
    Will it look scruffy?

Convince me please!! ever since i saw KAtie holmes with her Green Day i'm in love but hesitant!!!:heart: :yes:

2. You can fit a TON of stuff in it. A sweater, water bottle, book/magazine, wallet, cell phone, makeup bag, all fit comfortably in mine.

It has a cool boho look to it. Instantly makes you look hip!

As for whether it can be dressed up....I think the Day is one of the most casual of the Motorcycle bags, so it's a tough call. However, with Giant hardware it would look a lot dressier than without.

It will not look too big on you! The way it slouches when it's got stuff in it will cause the bag to "mold" to your body. I'm 5'2" with a small build and as far as I could tell, it didn't look big on me.

Bottom line: it's hip, practical, and delicious!!

3. Well, I'm only 5'2" and the day bag is my favorite style, so I know you aren't too short for it.

I love the way it looks when its nearly empty and stuffed full and it doesn't slide off the shoulder.

4. The day is a great style - I think it shows the bal style really well and be sure and look at this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/join-the-day-club-73257.html

I don't think it looks scruffy at all - however,it is not a dressy look. To me, none of the bal bags are very dressy. It is very comfy to carry, too!

5. :roflmfao: you came to the right place for convincing!!! :graucho: Well first and foremost, the day can fit a TON of stuff. Second, when I did a survey awhile back, the day came in as PFer's favorite style after the city and first. Some of the most fab bbag sightings I've seen are women wearing their days...there's something so sassy about it! :heart: :yes:

6. I am 5'4 and carried my Vert Gazon Day today! You can fit a ton of stuff in it.

It is a great easy shape to carry.

Having said that.... honestly, I don't think even with the GH that it can be dressy.

Obviously you could carry it when you are dressed up but I think you will only look like you forgot to change your bag.

7. I am 5ft1.5 and have a day so you are definitely not too short for it. I love when it's full and still has that hobo shape, and when it's got hardly anything in it and is really slouchy. She is easy on the shoulder and I can see just getting better with age. IMO she isn't a dressy bag though.

8. Agree with everyone that height is not much of an issue with the Day (I'm 5'0"), but that she is definitely casual. That may be why it's my favorite style -I'm pretty casual, too.

9. I'll be getting my "very first" day here in a couple of days, and I'm so excited! it's a 05 teal , which the color is just to TDF! and reading all these comments, I really don't regret getting a day. After looking at the "picture thread", I just had to have it. It really just compliments everyones looks!! :yes:

10. I'm wearing my '05 Turq Day today (in my avatar) and I love it! I'm only 5'2 but I don't think its too big at all, and it can carry everything I need. Plus its so smooshy and slouchy

11. I'm buying a black Day from a friend next week, and I'm really excited. I'm only 4'11" and I thought it looked fine. I agree that it's not a dressy bag, but I am a dressy person (in that I usually wear skirts or dresses and heels) and I don't think it's going to look bad. I actually quite like the idea of it paired with a sleek, retro Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress. I use the moto bags to kind of "ground" my outfits, if you know what I mean...

I'm buying mine largely to use it for school, because it fits so much without looking hugely overstuffed. I think it will be a great, versitile bag... but if you're looking for something that will look dressy, probably not the best bet.

12. I purchased a Truffle Day two weeks ago, and LOVE IT! At first, I was really unsure about the style, but a lot of the points that were already mentioned ring true - very roomy, can be structured or unstructured, and definitely not too big looking (I'm 5'3"). I use it for work (have it with me today) and I'm wearing a dress and I think it looks fine. Although it's considered more casual, I think you can definitely wear it to work. Very light to carry too!

13. I'm 5'6" - I love mine - I think you're a great size for it.
    It's actually my bbag that gets the most compliments and gets noticed the most (maybe it's the pretty blueberry). I think it's a great bag to do in a fun color, it takes away the scruffy look. The dark colors are good for the rockin look, and GH glams it all up!

14. I'll join the conversation and say that I love, love, love my Truffle Day which I bought off a tPFer! Yup, it's casual, but I've used it for work and play, and have gotten complements on it. Heck, I used it 2 weeks ago when I, along with a few other Federal govvies, went to see George Dubya speak! OK, he didn't see me using the Day, per se, but they were in the same room. :smile:

Try one on for size, if you're still on the fence with it. For me, it's the perfect work and mommy bag -- it just fits SO MUCH stuff, and doesn't overwhelm my 5'4", medium-built frame!

15. ^Lol, new thread: Bbags - Brushes With Fame.