Contentment...

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
Does anyone else ever fall in love w/ their bags all over again? And sigh with contentment... and yes, have that wee little thought "you know, even if those ____ bags never materialize, I'm truly blessed to have even this much!"

Just wondering...

Yep - just yesterday I walked past my dining room and caught sight of my JPG Kelly - the sun glinted at me off its hardware and I sighed.... audibly!!!!

I had not yet put it away and it was just sitting there. It made like Shopmom's idea even more - maybe I should get all my bags out of their orange boxes and just look at them lined up in the wardrobe.

:girlsigh:

So funny you started this thread, HL, because I was just thinking that I keep falling in love with my barenia HAC every time I look at it and think, "If this was the only H I was ever allowed to have, I would be ok."

I still dream about other bags, don't get me wrong, but I feel content with what I have and it's a very nice feeling!:yes:

Does anyone else ever fall in love w/ their bags all over again? And sigh with contentment... and yes, have that wee little thought "you know, even if those ____ bags never materialize, I'm truly blessed to have even this much!"

Just wondering...

hermes_lemming, i'm so glad you started this thread... :yes: because it really helps to remind me sometimes to remember to be thankful for what i have, instead of pining away for things i can't/don't have (at this point of time)
my collection is tiiiiny compared to most of the lovely ladies (and even gents) here but i love them all and really do feel blessed to have what i already have and even if that dream etoupe birkin doesn't ever come my way, i am content :smile:
its probably me being a bit "emotional" today, but really, the last bit of your last sentence in your post really struck a chord with me... not just with bags, but with life in general! so thanks for posting :smile:

Whew! I'm not the only one. I have a vintage bag called a Rock (no relation to the wrestler) that I have been taking out for the warm weather. It is gold porc/toile. It can be used as a small handheld or let the strap out and wear it as a shoulder bag. I never really used it, but I have really come to love this bag. The others that I fall in love with over and over again are my black box Kelly and the Medor. The Medor I still take out and sigh over.

Thanks for starting this thread!
YES - I am very thankful for what I have. If there were no more H bags to be had EVER, I would still be very happy.
IRL I don't know anybody else who carries H bags, so that often makes me appreciate my bags even more!

Absolutely! Every time my Kelly comes out of it's dust bag, my heart jumps just as it did when I first opened the orange box!:love:

remember to be thankful for what you have, instead of pining away for things you can't/don't have

I couldn't agree more ^^^ :tup:

Wonderful thread!!!! I must say that every time I open the doors of my armoire to choose a bag or scarf or belt, I fall in love with each item all over again. The only bag that is not out and sitting on the shelf with the others is my Croc Kelly.....and sometimes, I take her out of her sleeper and just gaze at her in awe. To me, she is like a work of art.

Right now, I am dreaming of Etoupe and Black Chevre. Truth is.....if I never find either, I will be perfectly content with what I have!!!!

^^Thanks for starting this thread....after some guilt yesterday regarding the kids....I ALWAYS feel so lucky to even have the ones I have, and DO FEEL content that if I don't find another bag....THAT"s OKAY!!

I DO FALL in love all over again each time I use them....and I love all of them!! Just like I love my DH and kids!:heart:

I do! I am thrilled with my current bags...each and everyone... My current favorites are BJ birkin and ebene Kelly...others come out to play when the time is right...