Considering purchasing an LV...which one, & worth it?

Congrats on saving the money for your first LV! I think a Mono Speedy 25 would be a great 1st bag. If you like color, I recommend a peek at the Epi line. The Epi Speedy 25 is a wee bit bigger than the regular mono speedy 25 and it's nice and structured so you don't have to worry about the sag.

Congrats on saving the money for your first LV, and Happy Birthday!:yahoo:
Can you go check both Mono and Damier out in person. Sometimes when I am torn, I see the choices IRL and the one that is right "speaks" to me!
Hope that helps. Good luck with your choosing, but what a great decision to be making! :yes:

My vote is damier speedy. I'm biased though because I just bought mine yesterday! Size also depends on what you can carry off. I'm 5'2'' and 30 looked like luggage on me. 25 was perfect and everything fits. Its actually very roomy in the bag.

The damier speedy has be known to bleed, meaning the color of the inside fabric (called alcantara, very soft, I dont know I think its like a terrycloth suede type feeling) rubs off onto the things that you put int he bag, especially light colored. I'd vote against both and look into the Epi, its more subtle however than the damier, so if you want ppl to know it is a LV but not have it scream then I guess get a damier but be careful (maybe take a tissue and rub it against the inside when u go to the store to buy it to see which bleeds the least) BUT EPI!!!!!!! OHHH EPI IS FABULOUS!!! AND THE COLORS ARE EVEN MORESO!!!!!!!! :love: So my suggestion, look into the epi speedy too, I dont know if mandarin is discontinued, but I am sure some are still floating around, its the most amazing color in epi EVER in my honest opinion!!!! :flowers:

I've owned an LV wallet for years, and have a Crescent bag, but am just about to buy my first "big one." I'm quite a bit older than a teen (sigh) and petite, so I want a bag that is big enough for most of my stuff but doesn't overwhelm me. So far I'm considering a medium Ellipse. Any thoughts?

happy birthday and welcome!! Can't go wrong with the mono speedy 25. It's a classic and holds a ton more than you'd think. For your first I'd suggest a mono 25 or 30.

welcome.......

i have both mono and damier speedies, and i love them both..... but i'd have to say the mono speedy is the perfect starter LV........either size 25 or 30, is perfect, just a matter of personal preference........

Hi =)

I'm thinking of purchasing an LV speedy as a treat to myself for my birthday - I'm a teenager, and I've been working for a while and have acquired quite a nice pile of cash waiting to be spent. That said, the money spent on this bag would not be blowing all of my savings :yes:

Anyways, back to the actual LVs - do you like the Mono or Damier better on Speedy's? And 25 or 30? Do you think that the Damier is too "old" for a teen? I've heard others refer to it as old-lady-ish on other boards.

Thanks!

Allo! I'm a teen too! lol I know what you mean by "old-lady-ish" and as much as I love LV, I've tried to bring myself to buy the 'normal' Speedy twice, but everytime I was turned off. However, I do own the Multicolore Speedy, and think it's more age-appropriate for us. I personally don't like the interior of the other Speedies cuz I think it looks cheap, especially the hanging pocket.... but f you MUST make me choose tho, I'd say get the mono Speedy 25.