Cons of Edith vs. Pros of Edith

I love my Edith - and was so happy to be in the first wave of people that received one. It suits a certain kind of person though. If you have to talk yourself into it then it's not a bag for you.
If you're an Edith lover - you know it! :smile:

This thread is extremely helpful. I need to find an Chamois Edith with the sand undertones, then. Since I don't live anywhere with decent shopping, would my best bet be to get a trustworthy SA advocate to be on the lookout for me?

That's a tough one since the chamois bags aren't all that common, but frequent enough where you would have a chance. If you have a good relationship with an SA, that would definitely help. I do think that it will turn out more like "you get a particular chamois and then see whether it works for you or not".

I certainly would not give up. It's a gorgeous bag in a gorgeous color.

I agree with everyone's comments really. The only con I can think to add as that you really have to pair this bag with casual attire. I don't like carrying her to the office (although I do!) with work clothes because she switches into brief case mode. With jeans and cute sandals, she is fantabulous!

tln said:
This thread is extremely helpful. I need to find an Chamois Edith with the sand undertones, then. Since I don't live anywhere with decent shopping, would my best bet be to get a trustworthy SA advocate to be on the lookout for me?

I returned one with sand undertones to Bob Ellis shoes. It arrived yesterday. I don't know if anyone grabbed it yet, but you can call and find out. The number is 843-722-2515, ask for Bill Dowling

Roo said:
I returned one with sand undertones to Bob Ellis shoes. It arrived yesterday. I don't know if anyone grabbed it yet, but you can call and find out. The number is 843-722-2515, ask for Bill Dowling

Thank you very much! Did you post photos of this one?

Daisy said:
I haven't noticed any pink tones in the three bags I've seen. I don't think I'd like that either.

I must be the only person who kept seeing the pink tones! :sad: It was definitely fleshy to me, atleast mine was. A part of me wants to say "How on earth did you guys not see the pink tones?" but then again, seeing Chloes lately, why am I even surprised... It was warm and ended up not going with hardly anything in my wardrobe. Asides from that, I loved it, it was definitely gorgeous. I'd be interested in knowing whether anyone else found it warm toned or not.

The right side of that one looks pinkish to me. Not the left, so it might be the way the flash is hitting it. See, I am glad for this thread, because these bags-every single one-are different. BL-I don't think you are blind, maybe a little crazy, but certainly not blind! :graucho: (jk)

Sometimes I see a fleshy tinge in mine in certain lights - other times my chamois just looks camel colored! I think this color is similar to taupe and mousse in its chameleon-like qualities...

tln- yes, i have the medium size in grey. i'm honestly not that tall of a person (well, i'm 5' 7") and rather thin (jean size like 25-26), and i think the large would be way too big on me. but i do agree with the idea of using it as a carry on or for like long day trips, however, beware of ending up with a bag that is too heavy to carry (that's what happened with me and my gucci horsebit).