Confronting a Fake...

everyone has a right to express their opinion on the subject since she's the one who brought it up.
No one's taking away your 'rights', of course, this is a public message board, everyone has the 'right' to post whatever they wish. However, if it gets that everyone is posting the same thing, further re-iteration of the same thought can become pointless, which is what she's saying.

I think you definently shouldnt say anything to anyone about their fake bags. I know to you its personal since your a designer and all but like a lot of people say, not everyone knows about the black market. I know for ALONG time I didnt know and I wore a fake speedy. Once I did find out and bought myself the real thing, I gave it to one of my sisters' friends and never said anything else. I saw a lady in Walmart yesterday with a fake bag that LV doesnt even make and all I did was just smile. Just next time you see a fake, leave it alone. They will all find out in their own time. :smile:

No one's taking away your 'rights', of course, this is a public message board, everyone has the 'right' to post whatever they wish. However, if it gets that everyone is posting the same thing, further re-iteration of the same thought can become pointless, which is what she's saying.

Well said!!

yeah, i GOT what she was saying; however, not everyone reads all the posts before they post their comment, so how would they know that everyone is posting the same thing they are? it's really not that big of a deal, sorry i ruffled your feathers :sad:

yeah, i GOT what she was saying; however, not everyone reads all the posts before they post their comment, so how would they know that everyone is posting the same thing they are? it's really not that big of a deal, sorry i ruffled your feathers :sad:
I think it's always the best policy to read most of a thread before one posts if not entirely; I've participated in many forums and had to learn that the hard way. :yes: No, my feathers aren't ruffled, I just wanted to clarify.

I disagree. It's not pointless to post the same thought as it shows that more people feel the same way, driving the point home that this was inappropriate behavior.

I'll add one more to those who feel Skittle's actions were very rude, and showed a complete lack of class. I have to wonder what would possess someone to try to humiliate anyone (friend or stranger) in such a manor. It's good that you're questioning it though Skittle - it shows that you knew at some level that what you did was wrong. Everyone makes mistakes, and the good that can come from it is that you learn from it.

I disagree. It's not pointless to post the same thought as it shows that more people feel the same way, driving the point home that this was inappropriate behavior.

I'll add one more to those who feel Skittle's actions were very rude, and showed a complete lack of class. I have to wonder what would possess someone to try to humiliate anyone (friend or stranger) in such a manor. It's good that you're questioning it though Skittle - it shows that you knew at some level that what you did was wrong. Everyone makes mistakes, and the good that can come from it is that you learn from it.
She acknowledged this already a page or two ago. That's why I said it's redundant. The point has already been 'driven home' judging from her response.

While I agree what she did was wrong, I fail to see why re-iterating the point over and over is not the same as the self-righteous chest beating that people derided her for.

What you did is never appropriate! I can't believe that girl didn't smack you in the face. Jeez...Don't take it so personally. Sure, I hate it when I see fakes of the bags that I have - but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they don't know the difference. Not everybody is as educated as some of us on this site are about fake bags and what's behind them!

Wow....ok i am so over this thread now. goodbye.

Like pursegrl said, everyone does not read all the posts before posting a comment to the OP. Everyone has a right to post an opinion and it's not up to someone else (apart from Megs/Vlad/mods) to decide that 'enough' opinions have been posted!

Like pursegrl said, everyone does not read all the posts before posting a comment to the OP. Everyone has a right to post an opinion and it's not up to someone else (apart from Megs/Vlad/mods) to decide that 'enough' opinions have been posted!
I agree, and I said so as well. That wasn't the point.

She was being obscene while she was at the bar. Her two friends were there before her, very loudly laughing and pointing around the room, then she came in throwing the purse on the bar and making a scene w/ the bartender. I said what I did on my way out, and she responded w/ a blank face; nothing else.

OMG:wtf: !

Were you jealous of all the fun they were havin'?

I'm gonna sugar coat what I really wanna say... I'll just say, your behavior was rude.

I can't imagine how I'd want someone to tell me my bag's fake. For the record, I no longer like/carry fakes and have my own reasons for doing so. But, I'm sure there's a more tactful way to tell someone.

Honestly? I think you were harsh.

A lot of people HAVE NO IDEA about the black market.
Most people would buy an LV for $50 from a guy on the street SWEARING it was real and believe it because they aren't at tPF all day everyday learning different.

Personally I think if you buy ANYTHING off a guy o n the street common sense has to say
1. either its stolen....
2. its fake
3. DO I WANT TO GET INVOLVED

:shrugs::shrugs: Generally speaking I think for the vas amount of people that have fakes are trying to fool the rest of the population and failing :yucky: