Confessions of a Shopaholic

I think I'm the only oddball here who didn't enjoy the books. They were a little too over-the-top for my liking, but I'd probably see the movie anyway (helps that Hugh Dancy is in it :smile:)

I always loved the beginning of the Shop-a-holic books but towards the middle, down to the end I found them to be a little predictable.

The best parts involve Becky getting into her financial messes; I love reading those scenerios (the author is brilliant orchestrating those scenes), however her solutions are a tad sappy.

A personal shopper for Barney's in NY does not look like this?

91883460.jpg

I was surprised they picked Isla Fisher to play Becky. I agree with who said Emily Blunt would have been the better choice!
Isla is cute and all but I don´t understand the whole hype (as much as I don´t understand the hype with Kim Kardashian)...I think it´s because she is in a lifelong relationship with Borat dude?

Love the books, but teh movie is terrible!!!!!!!!

They changed way too much and Isla is not a good Becky. The casts were all cast wrong, the storyline sucked. I hated the movie. If I were Sophie Kinsella, I would be pissed.

I liked Isla Fisher in Wedding Crashers but this movie looks awful. But the only highlight of this movie was the Prince of Persia poster. Not that I'm excited about that movie either, but still. My relatives totally raved about this movie but it looks dull. I'll be skipping it. I might check out the book, though.