Confessions of a Shopaholic

1. Ladies,
    What do you think about the making of the movie/sitcom for Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic?
    I was just browsing and found Isla Fisher's picture with her very cute baby (freezing baby) for the making of this film. What a beautiful name : Olive.... just remind how sweet Gwyneth Paltrow's baby name too : Apple ... :tender:

The link of the Isla's picture is:

Are you anticipating it or have you read the books? Also are you looking forward to see all the goodies?
    Keep the discussion coming fellow tPFers.... :smile:
  2. I've read all the books in the series and loved them!!

Definitely would love to see the movie!
  3. Any ideas on who will play Luke???????????? My vote is for Eric Bana..... :graucho::drool:
  4. I've never read any of these books yet, but I'd be interested in seeing the movie :smile:
  5. i read about this recently! i like Isla Fisher... i think she's adorable and funny. while reading the books, i would never have imagined her as Becky Bloomwood... but hopefully, the movie will be fun to watch anyway. i'm definitely looking forward to it!
  6. I've read all the Shopoholic books, they are awesome!! I was wondering when they were going to make a movie. Can't wait!
  7. I have read most of the series and just love the books so much! I am always both a little excited and worried when Hollywood makes my favorite books into movies. I too, never pictured Becky's character to look like Isla Fisher. I almost feel like she is "too pretty". Its not that I didn't think Becky would be pretty, but....I just don't know how to explain it! LOL! I hope she can pull it off!
  8. OMG I had no idea..I always wanted to watch this..I've read all the books more than once, and I love them! I'm so excited now!
  9. I've read all the books in the series and I can't wait to see the movie. I too, however, don't picture Isla Fisher as Becky Bloomwood, I actually picture Emily Blunt. But I quite like Isla in her other movies so it will be interesting to see. I can't wait to find out who is playing Luke. Clive Owen gets my vote!
  10. I have also read all the books. It looks as if Becky Bloomwood is going to be a New Yorker, and not from England. Possibly, they are merging books one and two.
  11. Oh I bet this would be a really fun movie to watch! I really loved the books and look forward to the new novels that Sophia K. releases!
  12. Is that they guy from Ugly Betty? Betty's boss? I can't remember his name, but if it is him, he'd be perfect!

I think the actress playing Becky looks just what I thought she'd look like.

This is going to be good!
  13. I've read the whole series and absolutely loved them! I can't really picture Isla Fisher as Becky either... but who knows, maybe she'll be great at the part.
  14. Loooooooooooooved the books! Almost as excitedf or this as I am for the SATC Movie!!!!!!!!!
  15. I also loved these books and there's a new one coming out end of this month! I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie...