Concerned about new bbag

1. Hi everyone,

I received a new bbag today but I'm a little bit worried about the condition of it. The bag was described to me as slightly used, and the pictures seemed to prove that. However the corners show dirty rubbings, almost all of the tassles I was sent have split, the tassles are inconsistent widths (not sure if this is typical of tassles?), and there is a lighter patch on the front of the bag that looks like it was a dirty mark that was attempted to be cleaned. I knew buying it that it was preowned and I already own two other preloved bags, so it's not that I have a problem with a bit of wear, it's just that I don't think the item was as described. Am I overreacting? What would you guys do? Thanks for any advice!

2. Were the things you are concerned about pointed out prior to sale?

That is always the tricky situation with "pre-loved" bags in that one person's "slightly used" could be another person's "well worn". If the buyer was honest and pointed out those things, then I would say you are kinda stuck with the bag since s/he was upfront. However, if the usage is above and beyond what you believe to be normal wear, then I would contact them and see if you could receive some of your monies back in the form of a refund. Or if the condition of the bag is really bad, I would take pictures and send them to the seller, highlighting why you are not happy with the purchase.

3. That's what has annoyed me about this is because the seller did not state that the bag had these flaws, and in retrospect has photographed the bag very well in order to disguise them. I don't mind so much about the rubbings on the corners because that is inevitable in most bbags, it's the mark on the front that has got me the most. I really love the colour though, and I don't know whether I should just put up with it or try and get a refund.

4. Post pictures so we can see it. :yes:

5. Yes, post pictures and we will give you our honest opinion...

I dont understand why some sellers dont fully disclose all information - it's not like you aren't going to notice! But then, they may have the notion of "if you dont ask you wont be told", but it shouldnt be like that!

Like Clarke said, everyone's interpretations of what is preloved, slightly used etc are different - but the seller really should have mentioned the mark on the bag!

Best to ask a plenty of questions and request additional pics next time if you are buying a bag that is used IMO...

Perhaps you will get a partial refund to your satisfaction? Worth a try...

6. i always include loads of pics on every detail to avoid this kinds of situatuion... as some said before me, the condition can be varied depends on the person.

did the seller show picture of all the things u mention on the list?

7. Hope all works well for you.:love:

8. I think before you do anything, you need to decide what you want. Refund or maybe a price adjustment. Then contact the seller.

9. That's bad news indeed. I would take close-up pics of all the areas not matching description and then email them to the seller, and ask for a partial refund (i.e. if you still wish to keep the bag). Otherwise I would just get a full refund and look for another better-condition bag. Most sellers when confronted with pics for evidence do try and work it out with you. Good luck!

10. Thank you everyone for your advice I really appreciate it!

I can't post any pictures because I don't have my camera with me at the moment, I will as soon as I can. I think I want a refund because it really is not as described, there really were no indications of the flaws from the description and there were several photos also which I personally think were strategically placed to hide these flaws while still showing enough of the bag. For me it's also the principle of it, presenting a bag as one thing when it really is something else. Oh well, I guess I will contact the seller and see what happens.

11. Good luck!

12. i really hope things work out... and good luck sweetie

13. Fingers crossed for you!

14. Good Luck!! That is why I now email sellers before bidding and ask them about any flaws the bag may have. If there is any glue coming off, stains, dirt, ect... I ask for them to point out even the smallest amount so there are no questions when the bag comes. I have been burned once and was told I should of asked questions before the auction ended.

I do not understand why sellers leave such things out because I am super picky when it comes to listing. I wish you the best of luck and let us know how it goes.

15. I too think some sellers take photos to avoid showing flaws. I hope it works out for you and the seller is decent about it.