Concepts and Ideas for Dooney.....

Actually, there was a domed satchel in the original florentine line that was a similar silhouette to the zip zip, but had a front pocket. I don't think it was around for long.

That one seems to be sought after now based on what I see in the facebook groups. It is a lovely looking bag I think. However, it misses the flexibility of the zip zip with the shorter handles and the shoulder strap.

Does anyone remember this idea? Guess what Peter did? OMG!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!
Coincidence? Who knows but I love it! Still need to add the tassels though.

View attachment 3891256
Dooney seems to be releasing a lot of handbags in Claremont leather. I don't mind the woven, I have one of those and it's nice. It's a larger domed satchel. But I don't care for the Claremont pebbled leather.... it's an embossed and coated leather, the coating is mentioned in the Dooney site care instructions for this leather. I just don't care for the feel of it. But I do like the styles and the 'woven' is nice. They also did a Sydney style in Claremont. Maybe they will release that one in woven too. We can hope.

Peter listened...these are available at Macy’s
https://m.macys.com/shop/product/do...s-exclusive-style?ID=2510128&CategoryID=26846
Ok MB,

Here is your idea utilizing the plain pocket version (original zip zip design). I tweaked it slightly going back to the contrast trim. I also added some colors. I really like the zip zip idea for the Santorini leather. I think the embossed lizard really lends itself to the zip zip silhouette. I know Dooney did another reptile pattern for the zip zip before. I think it was a Dillards exclusive. But the embossed lizard seems like it would be more durable. I also like the tonal values in that leather. Good thinking MB!

Reactions: YankeeDooney
This is not a specific bag concept....but I do wish that Dooney straps were wider and cushier. I love the way that they look - they have that signature equestrian look that they are known for, that makes them unique, it's their thing...and yet, it's what keeps me from being able to buy most Dooneys. The thick, high quality leather is quite heavy for me since I have shoulder issues. The two small satchels I have left have wide enough straps to be comfortable crossbody (though I don't think anyone else wears their satchels like that? Most photos I've seen show people holding them in the crook of their arm), and the large nylon satchels I have - well, one came with a leather shoulder cushion piece, and I ordered some from Etsy for my other 2. I am totally at peace with accepting, however, that these will be my only Dooneys (I have way too many bags as it is!), and they are so perfect for their purposes, so I am not complaining. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar thoughts/issues.