Concepts and Ideas for Dooney.....

MB: I remember when the Saffiano Sydney came out..... I didn't get one then, but seeing your pictures, I may have to put the marine on my list.

The saffianos are really nice!
I decided to get mine because at that time I thought I would not find a Sabrina at a good price and also thought that the saffiano would be even better because it's easier to care for, and I'm glad I did, especially with all the rain we get around here.

Reactions: TaterTots
I decided to get mine because at that time I thought I would not find a Sabrina at a good price and also thought that the saffiano would be even better because it's easier to care for, and I'm glad I did, especially with all the rain we get around here.
I did consider it, liked the black, but it just doesn't sing enough for me, yet. :smile: I have two zip zips and that seems to be enough for me in Saffiano.

This just might be my ticket! I love Dooney's Saffiano. I have 4 Dooney's in it. And the style of the Sabrina is really what almost made my go for the Alto even though I'm so scared of it. I really think I might need her in the Red and Black.

I think they are. I just compared all 3 of them (Sutton Sydney, Saffiano Sydney and Sabrina) and they look about the same.

Here are some pics. The Sydneys look a bit wider than the Sabrina but that's because they are a bit overstuffed. The base is exactly the same size.View attachment 3484108 View attachment 3484109
Hmmm. Yours do look like the same size. I dragged out my Sutton Sydney and it still looks smaller than Sabrina, but I think it's because the "ears" have folded down slightly. It's not as "perky" as it used to be. :lol:

Hmmm. Yours do look like the same size. I dragged out my Sutton Sydney and it still looks smaller than Sabrina, but I think it's because the "ears" have folded down slightly. It's not as "perky" as it used to be. :lol:

I think the Sutton and the Saffiano look a tiny bit smaller because the material is softer so they kind of relax and look wider and shorter. You can really see it in the pic where they are sideways. I think all 3 aree exactly the same bag, just made of different materials.

Dear Mr. Dooney,

Can you please, please, pretty please, make the Small Florentine Satchel in Navy or Marine again?
I am sure there are other desirable colors the ladies would like to see in production as well.
My guess is Bordeaux or Crimson. How about Eggplant or Plum? But please, oh please, make Navy and/or Marine. I really truly need one.

Thank you. See you at the Tent Sale! Go Dooney Duckies!

P.S. Keep using the Maroon Red Edge Seal. It is a great accent detail on the bags. Would love to see it on the other core colors such as black, natural, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twoboyz
Dear Mr. Dooney,

Can you please, please, pretty please, make the Small Florentine Satchel in Navy or Marine again.
I am sure there are other desirable colors the ladies would like to see in production as well.
My guess is Bordeaux or Crimson. How about Eggplant or Plum, but please oh please make Navy and/or Marine. I really truly need one.

Thank you. See you at the Tent Sale! Go Dooney Duckies!

OMG!!! Navy and Bordeaux please and also a true Plum Purple!! :heart:

I wish Dooney would make a Florentine version of the Zip Zip Satchel with the whip stitched handles and a tassel. Anyone with me on that?

I'm with you!:tup: And an option with either a (deep) front or back outside zipper pocket. I wish my Florentine Toscana satchel had a tassel. I think Dooney could have done much better with the zipper pull on it considering the price point. It should have been braided like the saffiano zip zip satchel or the Florentine satchel.

Reactions: YankeeDooney
I keep hoping Dooney will make this tassel into a key fob/purse charm so here is a concept photo to prove how nice it would be.
This is the tassel currently used on the QVC TSV Aubrey Satchel. The leather color is universal to many of the Dooney Pebble leather bags and the tassel would be a lovely accessory as a key fob or purse charm as seen on the Zip Zip below. I love the look.Tassel Key Fob concept.jpg