I just heard about this on my local news. Apparently, amoebas can get in your eye and cause blindness!!! And guess which friggin contact lens solution I use? Uggghhhh! Just threw the bottle away, going to wear my glasses until I get new solution tomorrow! Story below: A product for contact lenses has been voluntarily recalled. Advanced Medical Optics recalled its "Complete Moistureplus" multipurpose solution. The contact solution has been linked to a serious eye infection, according to an investigation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The infection is called acanthamoeba keratitis and is caused by a water-borne parasite. The symptoms can mimic those of other more common eye disorders -- including pain, redness, blurred vision, sensation of something in the eye. However, this somewhat rare infection is more difficult to treat. You can find out more information about the infection on the CDC website: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/acanthamoeba/index.htm. If you have the product, stop using it. You should also throw away partly-used bottles and replace lenses and lens cases. If you have any other questions, call Advanced Medical Optics at 1-888-899-9183.