Comparison photo ink & marine: too similar to keep both?

citychris

O.G.
Aug 5, 2006
I just received my marine city. In case anyone is considering both, here's a comparison pic. of the city with my ink purse. Marine is darker than blueberry (I think there is a comparison pic. in another thread) but not as dark as ink. Marine really looks like navy to me, although in brighter light it can appear a bit brighter with slight purple undertones.

I love the leather on both bags. I think if I didn't already have the ink purse, I would love the marine color more. I'm trying to decide whether to try the marine for awhile or return to BalNY for credit if I still can (maybe wait for periwinkle).

Attachments

• marine&ink.JPG
    marine&ink.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 586
Marine appears to be the "bluer" version of ink. I love both, but if it was me personnally i would keep one, just because they are very similar and Bal has SO many colours to offer. I would NOT give up the ink purse, since the style is discontinued. But if it turns out you just LOVE both, keep them!!

i do think it's too similar :yes:
attachment.php

they do look too similar to keep both... but then, one is a city and the other is a purse... (i'm not helping, i know.)

even though marine is gorgeous and i like the city style better than the purse personally, i would still have to vote ink purse if you are only keeping one, because i just looooove the ink color!!

ahhh that marine looks gorgeous :drool: although they are very similar, I would keep both since one is clearly in the blue family and well, ink is in a class of it's own!! :queen:

Thanks for your honest opionions everyone! Even though I love both, I agree their too similar and I'd rather diversify since I don't keep all that many bags. I will keep the ink purse because it is a harder-to-find style.

:heart: beautiful bags...can't go wrong w/either...but good choice since purse style is discontinued and ink has proven to be one of many people's favorites...
I do have the marine work and I love love love it! But then again, have never seen an ink irl close-up , just from afar and it was beautiful!