comparable alternatives for Chanel Black Satin

chanel5

Sep 2, 2006
I love Chanel, but this is riduculous trying to get thier Black Satin polish. I picked up a bottle of Wet n' Wild in black and I think that it is very pretty. Has anyone found anything that is similar to Black Satin, as I haven't even been able to try on Black Satin at the Chanel counter.?

I picked up my bottle of Chanel black satin on Ebay for $33. I recieved it within 3 days of buying it. Try there. Otherwise, try Chanel's 'Vamp' color. It was last years hot color, and because it's so dark, it's still a hot one this year. You can still get 'Vamp' at the counter.

I saw a new polish from Cover Girl--it's a new line--Boundless Color. There was this one color called Midnight Shimmer that had the same "look" of Black Satin. It was black with some subtle metallic shimmer, but a little more obvious than BS to me... Anyways, it's a cheaper alternative that might be worth checking out!

CoverGirl

I've heard that the Wet n Wild is more opaque than Black Satin. But, I haven't tried the WnW black so, I can't say for sure.

I'm so glad that I bought Black Satin when it first came out because I've heard that it's hard to find everywhere. I hope you find it chanel5.

Do any of you live in New York? Or I believe there is a counter in Boston ... try Giella custom cosmetics. She is at Henri Bendel in New York and I went there once like 5 years ago. Recently I found out that she comes to a salon here in Maryland once a month. You can get custom made cosmetics; including nail polish. I saw her last month and she made a black with a touch of red and as much shimmer as I wanted. I have it on my toes now but it has only been a few days so I cna't judge durability yet. However you can get as much black and as much shimmer as you want. Or any other color you want. Then you get to name it. :yes: I'm so unimaginative ... I called mine PG-13. :P I bought like $300 worth of cosmetics that day so I am unsure how much the polish was (it is a small bottle) but I think it might say on the website:

GIELLA Custom Blend Cosmetics

Okay, the polish is 20.00. Anyway, check out the website and see if she is near you. It was a lot of fun getting custom blended cosmetics and so far I REALLY like this nail color. I'll try to take a picture later.