Comments about your H

Well, I got my first H comment today.... it was a resounding "OMG that bag is stunning, can I hold it?"

Thankfully, it was one of my coworker/buddies so I let her! And she loved it!

The other comment I received was by my PHH (you'll appreciate this girls)
"Maybe we should insure that" He's coming around after all!

Well, I got my first H comment today.... it was a resounding "OMG that bag is stunning, can I hold it?"

Thankfully, it was one of my coworker/buddies so I let her! And she loved it!

The other comment I received was by my PHH (you'll appreciate this girls)
"Maybe we should insure that" He's coming around after all!

He's coming around if he is talking insurance, :smile:!! Good sign!

As for me, sure you get the comments in high-end shops and such, but whenever I have carried the Vibrato it goes unrecognized and is sometimes met with stares and confusion.
In a Coach shop w/ friends, one of SAs just kept looking at it and finally told me he liked it and where ever did I get it...which is why I like the Vibrato.

I don't get any compliments (I don't have any H yet!), but make many if I come across one of these beauties, or any other high end bag I admire. This usually happens in the nicest part of town where I like to go grocery shopping/window shopping. It usually, also, goes somewhat like this:

-MissM - "Ohhhhhh!, (points at bag) is that a Kelly/Birkin/Balenciaga/etc.?"
-Lady who lunches - (looking at me weird) "Ummm, yes."
Then she walks away as if I'm gonna mug her. My friends say I get too excited and I scare them LOL. But I mean well!! Of course I'm not being loud or anything while I do this, but oh well. This also happens with the girls my age or younger carrying a nice bag. I must say, it happens MORE often with them.

I've also had my fair share of nice ladies (usually on the senior citizen side), who have stopped to talk to me about the bag and leather and how much they like it/have had it for. A few of them have actually offered to let me try the bags on and play!

I haven´t gotten compliments because someone noticed it´s H but I have gotten compliments on an outfit in general (that has included a bracelet and a twilly).

With the Birkin I have had a couple of double takes from the ladies who lunch here (there are a lot of them) and I am sure they are saying, "how did she get one of those?" !!

I have noticed if I am shopping with the B I often get a manager rushing over to ask if I need help!

To be honest I am dreading being asked about it in case someone asks the cost...most people know designer bags cost a lot, but I really think they would not guess how much for a Birkin.

Oh a a gorgeous young girl commented on the colour and what a great shape it was! I was so flattered because I was in full on harassed mummy mode and she was young and toned and gorgeous!

I have had a few looks on the train or bus when in London , and it was funny I had a blind date set up by friends ( ahhhhh I wish they wouldnt do it)
I turned up for dinner and there was this man there I looked at my pal as if I could throttle her

Anyhow apparantly I was told the next day that I look to Posh!. ( not as in VB )
and he said I bet she is high maintenance
my friend promptly told him that I have worked hard all my life and have scrimped and saved to buy the items for myself

So I think it can scare some people away
Hlffin

Your one of the nicest people on this board , and am sure your extremely approachable it comes out in your friendly messages

:smile:

Just less than 3 weeks ago, A co-worker commented on my Rouge Garance Evelyne Bag...

Co-Worker : "I LOVE your....TOMMY HILFIGER BAG...Is that a GIFT with purchase" :wtf:

Me: Smiling.....and politely said, "No, It's not Tommy Hilfiger...It's Hermes"

Co-Worker : What? Herpes?

Me: Never Mind.

We then moved on and continued with our duties!

Too funny.

SA's at the boutiques I shop at (LV, Gucci, etc.) are very complimentary and say things to the effect of "I love that birkin!" when I carry either my rouge vif or blue jean birkin. Others just pretty much stare and don't say anything, I know their probably wondering if it's real! Funny story, I was walking into the elevator of my office building and there were these two early 20's girls already inside. I saw one of them grab the arm of the other staring at my BJ birkin. They then just smiled at me and said nothing.

The other day I was in the train and this old lady complemented my gold Birkin. She said that the color was really lovely and that it fits me very well. :biggrin: I wasn't sure whether she knew it was a Birkin or not.