Comical fix to the "squeaky" noise from the "Soft Calf Tote"

1. I have read about how loud the handles seem to be on the Soft Calf Tote from Spring '06. I recently purchased it in black and agree that the sound the handles make is prettyannoying, so I decided to fix try to it. I used a Q-Tip and applied Vaseline to the leather that wraps around the handles and voilà! :tup: No more noise. Now it's perfect! :heart::heart::heart:

Anyone else have problems/solutions to MJ bags?

2. Interesting solution! I'd be scared to put vaseline on the leather, but hey, if it works, it works! Good job!

3. It was sort of a last-ditch solution, really. I'm stubborn! The noise really is pretty annoying, and does make the bag sound cheap.

Fortunately the vaseline (or whatever other lubricant would work) is applied on the inside of the straps, so it shouldn't affect anything else (it's not visible, etc.) Here's hoping! The sound is completely gone. So far, so good!

4. That's funny. When leather squeaks it does sound cheap. I remember one time I went to Target and bought a few pairs of very cheap leather shoes. They were cute, but I wore them to work the next day and we have really, really long hallways and I had to walk them to get to the room I work in. I was squeaking the whole way. I wanted to crawl in a hole and hide. Everyone was looking. I have never worn any of those shoes ever again!

5. Hmmm thats a good idea..but like Thithi, Id be scared of the residue coming off on the leather...Has it yet?