Comfort Food Recipes!

1. I'll start! :biggrin:

Okay I only make this once every couple of months or for special occasions, but it is the best damn recipe I have come up with to date :biggrin: Everyone who has had this so far has enjoyed it. I could eat this stuff day and night, so for those of you who like a good, hearty, interesting potato salad, this is my recipe:

Bacon-ated Potato Salad

3lbs small to medium red new potatoes
    1 pack of bacon...yes an entire pack
    2 tbsp reserved bacon grease from cooking the bacon
    1/4 cup chopped vidalia onion
    1/4 cup chopped green onion
    2 tbsp dried dill
    1 1/2 to 2 cups mayonnaise
    3/4 to 1 cup of yellow mustard
    Salt/Pepper to taste

Boil potatoes whole until a knife slides through them with ease (peelings will just start to split on the potatoes). While waiting for them to cook, cook an entire pack of bacon, remove, pat grease off, and crumble into medium sized pieces. Reserve the said amount of bacon grease. After potatoes have cooked, remove, drain, and place in a bowl that will fit in your freezer. I do things this way because I don't care to wait an hour for the taters to cool, but if you want, just stick them in the fridge until they are cool. If you are impatient like me, place them in the bowl, and completely cover with ice, and give them 10-15 minutes in the freezer. While waiting for potatoes to cook, chop green and vidalia onions. Remove potatoes from freezer, drain and get rid of ice, then cut into pieces (pieces should vary in size, under an inch, preferably with some half-inch pieces). Place potatoes in a large bowl, and dump all other ingredients on top. Stir until completely mixed (takes a strong arm, hah!). Now this one is important to get the right taste: you need to mash them up a bit!!! I mash them up quite a bit, but do so to taste. Add more mayo and mustard to taste! This mixture gets really nice after a day, so give it time! ^_^

Also LOVE chipped beef with white gravy on top of toast, boiled green peanuts, and my Mom's clam and bacon spaghetti...because bacon kicks all types of artery-clogging ass!!! If anyone wants recipes for those, just let me know! :smile: