Color transfer?

1. Has anyone had color transfer problems with the black stam bags at all? The tag inside the bag from Marc Jacabs warns of this possibility. I really hope this is not true. My other black leather bags have never caused this problem and I would hope that a bag that costs as much money as a Marc Jacobs wouldn't either. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. That warning is listed on the care tag of most MJ bags. =) I have never heard of color rub-off of Black Stam so you really don't have to worry about it. I just called Marc Jacobs store in New York to confirm, they don't have any complaint on color transferring from Black Stam. We should be concerned about dyes from clothing transferring onto light colored bags. Take a look at these various care cards from some of my MJ bags.

========== ========== ========== ==========
    <folded paper tag (enclosed inside a small envelope) with care instruction written in 4 languages can be found in newer bags>
    Included with my QUILTED CLASSIC Little Stam (Black; Resort 06), QUILTED CLASSIC Elise (White Chiffon; Resort 06), STRIPING Zip Bolwer (Black; Fall 06). I didn't check other recent ones.

This Marc Jacobs Collection Bag has been made in Italy. Any incidental marks, tonal changes and/or textural variances on the leather should not be considered as imperfections. They are characteristics of the skillfully tanned skins, which give this leather its luxurious appearence. We strongly recommend that you treat this bag carefully.
    Avoid getting it wet. Avoid over exposure to direct light and heat. Avoid contact with oily substances, cosmetics or solvents. Care should be taken when wearing light colored garments to prevent color transfer. If the accessory has a frame, it should be utilized gently to maintain its original shape and function. To clean this article, wipe with a soft, dry cloth. When not in use, stuff and store this product in the protective dust bag received with purchase in a cool, dry place.

***This additional care card came with my QUILTED Elise (White Chiffon; Resort 06). My QUILTED Little Stam (Black; Resort 06) didn't. Both were purchased from Marc Jacobs boutique in LA.

THIS QUILTED LEATHER ACCESSORY HAS BEEN MADE IN ITALY. DUE TO THE DELICATE NATURE OF QUILTING, WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU TREAT THE ITEM WITH CARE. AVOID GETTING IT WET AS WATER STAINS MAY OCCUR. AVOID OVER EXPOSURE TO DIRECT LIGHT, AS COLOR-FADING MAY OCCUR. IF IT HAS A FRAME, WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE THE FRAME GENTLY. WHEN NOT IN USE, STUFF AND STORE THIS ACCESSORY IN THE PROTECTIVE DUST BAG RECEIVED WITH PURCHASE.

<paper tag included with my SOFT CALF Blake (Linen; Spring 06); Linen is an off-white color>

THIS MARC JACOBS COLLECTION BAG HAS BEEN MADE IN ITALY. ANY INCIDENTAL MARKS, TONAL CHANGES AND/OR TEXTURAL, VARIANCES ON THE LEATHER SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS IMPERFECTIONS. THEY ARE CHARACTERISTIC OF THE SKILLFULLY TANNED SKINS, WHICH GIVE THIS LEATHER ITS LUXURIOUS APPEARENCE, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TREAT THIS BAG DELICATELY. AVOID GETTING IT WET. AVOID OVER EXPOSURE TO DIRECT LIGHT AND HEAT. AVOID CONTACT WITH OILY SUBSTANCES, COSMETICS OR SOLVENTS. CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN WEARING LIGHT COLORED GARMENTS TO PREVENT COLOR TRANSFER. IF THE ACCESSORY HAS A FRAME, IT SHOULD BE UTILIZED GENTLY TO MAINTAIN ITS ORIGINAL SHAPE AND FUNCTION. TO CLEAN THIS ARTICLE, WIPE WITH A SOFT, DRY CLOTH. WHEN NOT IN USE, STUFF AND STORE THIS PRODUCT IN THE PROTECTIVE DUST BAG RECEIVED WITH PURCHASE IN A COOL, DRY PLACE.

<paper care card included with my QUILTED ICY Venetia (Bordeaux; Fall 05)

100% LEATHER
    SUEDE LINING

QUILTED NAPPA / QUILTED ICY LEATHER:
    THIS QUILTED LEATHER ACCESSORY HAS BEEN MADE IN ITALY. ANY INCIDENTAL MARKS, TONAL CHANGES AND/OR TEXTURAL, VARIANCES ON THE LEATHER SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS DEFECTS. THEY ARE CHARACTERISTIC OF THE SKILLFULLY TANNED SKINS USED TO GIVE THIS PRODUCT ITS RICH APPEARENCE. DUE TO THE DELICATE QUILTING ON THE SURFACE ON THE SURFACE OF THE LEATHER, PLEASE AVOID EXCESSIVE FRICTION. AVOID OVER EXPOSURE TO DIRECT LIGHT (AS COLOR-FADING MAY OCCUR). AVOID GETTING THIS ITEM WET (AS WATER STAINS MAY OCCUR). WHEN NOT IN USE, STUFF AND STORE THIS PRODUCT IN THE PROTECTIVE DUST BAG RECEIVED WITH PURCHASE.