Color Transfer tips

Vicmarie

Jan 9, 2014
I'm so mad at myself !! I should have known better than to wear my Shelby in BONE with jeans .... I'm headed home now ... Any tips on how to get it off ?? Thanks !!!

Oh no, I feel your pain. I'd start with soap (dish washing liquid) and water on a wash cloth. After that I'd try a white pencil eraser.... gently. After that, maybe a good leather cleaner. Dye from jeans is very hard to remove and I'm concerned about what any chemicals might do to the leather. Good luck.

Ahhhh it didn't come all the way off ! I'm so upset !! I was trying to be careful all day and I had run into someone at the outlets and put the bag on my shoulder to talk to them .. During that time I guess it rubbed a little and there it was ! 10 minutes !!

That's so scary that it happened in that little amount of time. Did it get on the butterscotch leather or the white? You are within the return period. You can exchange it for another color if you're worried about future color transfer. Hopefully they don't put it in the as is pool of bags though :sad:

Oh no!!! 😔😔

I would use Unscented baby wipes as a start because it doesn't contain harsh chemicals. I used that on my Bone Flo Drawstring the other day and it worked great. I wore it with dark, dark jeans and a sweater. My transfer wasn't bad at all (only a little on the piping edge) but I wanted to clean it before storing her.

Like TB said, you can exchange it and hopefully it doesn't end up in the "as is" pool. Even if it does, there are many bag lovers that would still be happy with it for a discounted price. We are just picky here. 😃😄

I use bentley saddle soap. got it from another form in here and that stuff is seriously like Jesus in a bottle, MIRACLE WORKER. with microfiber rag. it will make an old raggedy purse look brand new. another option that people rave about is the kiwi saddle soap. I've never used it, but it's gotten many rave reviews on here, and I think it's a bit more widely available than the bentley.

I use bentley saddle soap. got it from another form in here and that stuff is seriously like Jesus in a bottle, MIRACLE WORKER. with microfiber rag. it will make an old raggedy purse look brand new. another option that people rave about is the kiwi saddle soap. I've never used it, but it's gotten many rave reviews on here, and I think it's a bit more widely available than the bentley.
This is a great tip! I clean my bags when and if they need it with apple cleaner. Then follow with the conditioner. I wear jeans only with my dark bags. Learned the hard way with my white Chelsea. It came off, but it was enough to ban it from seeing another pair of dark pants.

That's so scary that it happened in that little amount of time. Did it get on the butterscotch leather or the white? You are within the return period. You can exchange it for another color if you're worried about future color transfer. Hopefully they don't put it in the as is pool of bags though :sad:

Sent you an inbox TB !

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread Vickie, but I thought this might be the best place to post.

I'm so upset to find these marks in my chevron tote this morning. I had it stores in this nylon IKEA storage bag and haven't taken it out in quite awhile. Today I took it out to find this. I tried a wipe, soap and water, and in desperation a magic eraser. Nothing worked. It's pretty much ruined. I just wanted to warn you all that these IKEA storage things bleed. :sad:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1425775148.505948.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1425775160.605336.jpg

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread Vickie, but I thought this might be the best place to post.

I'm so upset to find these marks in my chevron tote this morning. I had it stores in this nylon IKEA storage bag and haven't taken it out in quite awhile. Today I took it out to find this. I tried a wipe, soap and water, and in desperation a magic eraser. Nothing worked. It's pretty much ruined. I just wanted to warn you all that these IKEA storage things bleed. :sad:

View attachment 2920303
View attachment 2920304

That is so terrible, TB. I am surprised the Ikea thing bled. I would not have expected that. So frustrating for you, I am sure. I need to buy white pillow case or somthing' I guess.

That is so terrible, TB. I am surprised the Ikea thing bled. I would not have expected that. So frustrating for you, I am sure. I need to buy white pillow case or somthing' I guess.

Thanks Suz. Yup, I went looking for some in my linen closet and nothing. I have to go get some. I'm just lucky it's all on the back of the bag.

I buy white pillow protectors... at least 50% cotton or more... cheapest I can find. The Christmas Tree Shop usually has them for $2 for pkg of 2. I wash them and then use them to store handbags. They are much lighter weight and less expensive than storage bags, and the color can't transfer.