Color Dye

1. I read in other sub forums that some of the bags that have been discolored, dirtied or just need a fresh color can be dyed... usually from a light to darker color, I wonder the same can be done to BV?

2. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't dare attempt it for fear of risking the BV leather :s

Has anyone tried this??

3. Can you bring the bag to a BV boutique to see if they could restore the original color? Someone on here mentioned once that they would replace a lining, maybe they could restore color. I would be worried about having anyone else messing around with the sensitive leather of BV.

4. I have actually went to the BV store to ask and their reply is it cannot be dyed.

5. i would never dare. The BV leather looks really delicate, i wouldn't want any chemical to touch it :smile:

6. I would be very careful with dyeing. I only tried on suede and I never recommend that - BIG mistake. BV leather is very delicate so I am not sure that this would be a good idea.

what colour is it that you wanted to dye and why? reason I am asking: if it is just fading it looks loved and, personally I don't think you need to dye that.

7. Im just wondering.... if one day my magnolia veneta becomes dirtied or discolored...

8. Hmm, not sure you could ever match the magnolia color enough to "touch up" and not be obvious. Maybe with ebano or nero you could get close enough but the lighter colors are so unique.