College Girls Holla Back!

right now in crummy Columbia College but hoping to go to the UBC(Uni of British Columbia) or SFU(Simon Fraser University)!!!
Majoring in Psychology and Anthropology.
Gooo vancity!! ;)

ayla said:
I was just thinking that ! PF Toronto meet up ! :biggrin: (anyone else interested ?)

We could visit all the swanky boutiques along Bloor !

ooo! i visit bloor and yorkville between classes :shame:

i HATE ontario's tax tho.. it's brutal!!

i'm so up for a meeting if you guys are!

University of Leeds (UK)

Environmental Science (BSc)

I hate it with every fibre of my being, and if it weren't for the fact that I've spent £3000 of my own money on tuition, I'd have long since packed it in. I hate it, and can't wait to leave.

meegs223 said:
I go to Seton Hall University in NJ.
I'm majoring in Biology for Physical Therapy and Athletic Training.
I would love to go visit a place like UGA, I HATE not having a football team at SHU, its such a disappointment, you just wait until basketball season starts haha.
I can't really complain though because I love it here, perfect mix of a small, private school, with all the perks of being a Division I Big East school! And I can't complain about the party scene either! haha

you know, it's funny you say that, because for a long time i really wanted to go to NYU but i ended up not even applying because i couldn't imagine going to a school without a football team. the season here is amazing, Athens literally doubles (probably more than doubles) because 100,000+ people come every weekend. 4th biggest on-campus stadium in the country at over 93,000 capacity. and i've never known it to not be completely sold out for every game before the season starts.

man i miss football season.

mandm - i've never read midnight in the garden, but i really want to! i went to savannah for spring break and loved it. and i've seen pictures of Uga on the red carpet in his little bulldog tuxedo at the premier :smile:

amanda said:
you know, it's funny you say that, because for a long time i really wanted to go to NYU but i ended up not even applying because i couldn't imagine going to a school without a football team. the season here is amazing, Athens literally doubles (probably more than doubles) because 100,000+ people come every weekend. 4th biggest on-campus stadium in the country at over 93,000 capacity. and i've never known it to not be completely sold out for every game before the season starts.

quote]

Haha I know what you mean, I grew up right outside of Syracuse so I grew up going to SU football games, and although they've hit a little rough patch, I have so many memories of going to those games with my dad. Unfortunately there's not nearly enough room for a stadium here so I'm going to have to settle for my football-less school haha. But hey, I can settle for watching the best basketball teams in the nation :biggrin:

but im still jealous :shame: haha
i never got the experience of really going to a college football game, the pregame, the drunkeness, the crazy college screaming.. haha i was just too young.

amanda said:

mandm - i've never read midnight in the garden, but i really want to! i went to savannah for spring break and loved it. and i've seen pictures of Uga on the red carpet in his little bulldog tuxedo at the premier :smile:

I went to Emory University and not having a football team sucks! I didn't think it would be a big deal, but without football the school spirit is really lacking. You just can't get excited over a swim meet or a tennis match! I loved Emory, but I definitely understand what you mean!

PurseSlave said:
Hey! Just wanted to see how many of you addicts are in college...

Where do you attend?

What are you majoring in?

...And anything else you want to say!

I am currently going to NHTI in Concord, New Hampshire...I'm transferring to the International Academy of Design & Technology in Tampa this Fall....
Will be attempting to get my B.F.A. in Fashion Marketing! :love:

Alright! I used to live near Tampa! If you're ever in the Tampa/Orlando area let me know because that's where I'll be visiting my family a lot throughout the time I'm in college. BFA in Fashion Marketing? I'm definitely coming to you for fashion related advice, lol.

Just finishing my freshman year at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm in the Engineering college of my Univ. I'm majoring in Computer Science (Unmatriculated at the moment) and considering doing a double major with my second major being in Mathematics.

vuittonGirl said:
I'm going to Johns Hopkins University. I'm working on my Master degree, major in Telecommunication and Info System.
I'm half way done :P

Ooo I'm going to John Hopkins this weekend for a concert! Hopefully I can find my way there :wondering haha

jillybean307 said:
I went to Emory University and not having a football team sucks! I didn't think it would be a big deal, but without football the school spirit is really lacking. You just can't get excited over a swim meet or a tennis match! I loved Emory, but I definitely understand what you mean!

lol funny little emory story...i really believe what you're saying about the lack of school spirit because when i was a freshman in high school, i went to debate institute for two weeks at emory, and it occurred to a friend of mine and i that we didn't know what the emory mascot was, so we went and asked a few of the ladies working in the book store in the duck and none of them knew either! they suspected that it might be the eagles, though. do you know?

amanda said:
lol funny little emory story...i really believe what you're saying about the lack of school spirit because when i was a freshman in high school, i went to debate institute for two weeks at emory, and it occurred to a friend of mine and i that we didn't know what the emory mascot was, so we went and asked a few of the ladies working in the book store in the duck and none of them knew either! they suspected that it might be the eagles, though. do you know?

Yep, we're the Eagles. Emory is very lacking in the school spirit department. It's a shame because it's such a great school otherwise, we have a lot to be proud of. I wish we were like Penn State or UGA, those schools know how to do school spirit.

jillybean307 said:
Yep, we're the Eagles. Emory is very lacking in the school spirit department. It's a shame because it's such a great school otherwise, we have a lot to be proud of. I wish we were like Penn State or UGA, those schools know how to do school spirit.

the eagles! i finally know! now i just have to find out what you call someone from massachusetts...

and we do know a little about school spirit, hehe. we pick a theme and stick to it.

helenNZ said:
wow!!! i remember when i was around BC - i drove out to have a look at the University in Vancouver!!! i was totally blown away!!! it looks so beautiful!!!! you guys are so lucky that is has character!!!

You definately do NOT appreciate it's beauty when you go there because all the faculties are spread out in different buildings. Considering it rains 50% of the time in Vancouver, it is a pain in the a$$ to hike 8 mins in the pouring rain to your next class. :lol:

heartfelt said:
i go to the university of california, san diego in la jolla, ca. :biggrin:
i'm a poli sci/international relations major
i plan on going to law or business school and i may be transferring to USC (university of s. cali)

hey heartfelt

i`m at UCSD also :] what year are you? Beautiful weather these days in La Jolla :love::love:

i'm a senior graduating this quarter :lol::lol: majoring in Biology and hopefully going to NYU to get my doctorate of dental surgery (D.D.S) :Push::Push: Yes, hopefully going to be a not-so-hated orthodontist in the near future. :P
http://forum.purseblog.com/members/heartfelt.html

nawth21 said:
I got to Metro State University in MN. Biology major. I graduate in a few weeks, aww yeeaaah.

I'm trying to transfer there and they're rather putzy with notifying you if you're in. Ugh. My last transfer school to respond to me.

Did you like it?!

I started off my college education at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls. It was sort of a half-assed (sorry!) school and I bailed. LOL!!! Now I'm waiting on my final "transfer school" to notify me if I'm in so I can make my next decision. Oh, and I'm stuck between English and Computer Science.