Collections Spring 2007 Trunk Show 10/20-10/21 (LA Store)

Based on the pictures in the look books, the Resort 06 Elises (non-patent) look the same as Spring 06's Ursula Elises in terms of style. The Spring 07 Elises are totally different, they are quite interesting looking. MJ boutique's look book shows a Black Patchwork Elise; if I remember correctly, this new version doesn't have a pocket with pushlock. The Patchwork Metallic Elise has several zippers in the front instead of the pocket.

Resort 06 Elises are shown in White Chiffon and Topaz, they look nice in the pictures. =)

The trip wasn't too good, I was on the road for more than 4 hours -- bumper-to-bumper (almost) traffic on the way home. =(

The Spring 07 items available for Preview are mostly from PATCHWORK lines (will write more), I didn't go OOH-AAH over them. =(

Most of my time was spent on Resort 06 & Spring 07 Look Book, I was telling my SA that I was looking for info to share with my girlfriends. She was nice to let me study the Look Book -- I had it until closing hour. Besides the PATCHWORK (new quilting) lines which don't seem too exciting to me, there will be some beautiful looking styles from Soft Calf and Quilted Classic lines for the next 2 seasons. =)

If you would like to order some MJ items from the LA store, please ask for Stella at 323.653.5100. =) They expect a waitlist for upcoming Quilted Classic Stam especially in Ivory.

I agree with you on the Patchwork line - they looked prettier in runway pics than IRL. Also, the old stams look like they will age very well and will only get better with time - but the patchwork stam seem very delicate and might look 'rough' after a few years of use.

Stella is my SA too - she's very sweet.

If there's anything I'm excited about, it's the new spring colours for the old stam style. They have a green and blue colour I can't wait to see!

^ I am trying to get the pictures for all the styles for the upcoming 2 seasons. If I have them, I will post them or e-mail to interested members here. Will see how things go.

I wonder what type of leather is used on the regular PATCHWORK line (non METALLIC/CANVAS/PYTHON/CROC), the material feels/looks so different. Did you check out the Quilted Patent Bowler? I was so excited about the Quilted Patent (Gathering with Quilted Vernice) line's come-back, but the leather feels thin and cheap. The leather of the Quilted Non-Patent Julianne isn't much better either. Agree with you that the upcoming colors look very pretty. =)

What a small world, we have the same SA. =) Have you worked with her for a long time? Stella and I were talking about this new quilting, we both don't think it'll catch on like the classic quilting especially the 1st generation Quilted Stams. We might be wrong too.

I agree with you on the Patchwork line - they looked prettier in runway pics than IRL. Also, the old stams look like they will age very well and will only get better with time - but the patchwork stam seem very delicate and might look 'rough' after a few years of use.

Stella is my SA too - she's very sweet.

If there's anything I'm excited about, it's the new spring colours for the old stam style. They have a green and blue colour I can't wait to see!

Stella's been my SA since that store first opened - but Joanne is my go-to at the San Francisco store. They're both very cool chicks!

If they improve on the leather for the patchwork line, it could have a nice 'pillowy' effect like the Chanel cloudy bundle line. But there's something, I don't know, 'Star Wars' about it, LOL! It's still looks chic - just not as classic as the old quilting on the Stam. All the new styles with the old quilting are very cute - but the leather does feel thin at the same time. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they re-vamp the actual pieces!

Agree that MJ's classic quilting is nicer & more classic, maybe we are just used to them. I hope it's true that the qualities of the actual bags are higher than these samples. Julianne and Bowler (from Gathething with Quilted) feel thin.

Have you seen the Resort 06's bags from Bal Harbour line such as Lou & Satchel? I forgot about the lining of Satchel, but Lou's lined with thin fabric. The fabric feels cheap, it's worse than previous canvas linings.

Did you check out Striping Zip Bowler? The leather of the bag and lining is great, it's worth its $1095 price tag. The original Stam with suede lining is priced reasonably too. Stella & I saw a Patchwork Canvas Stam for $1275, we think it's too much for canvas.

I DID see the Bal Harbour bags - the satchel is lined in fabric - and it did feel thin and scratchy! I wish they had done these with a nice leather or suede lining - the white would have looked so pretty with a blue or red lining.

I love the striping zip bowler! I looked at the teal lining, and it's wonderful. Now to decide on a colour - probably will go for a dark brown or chili. I didn't look at the patchwork canvas stam - doesn't sound too nice though. for that much, that canvas had better be LV!

Did you happen to see if the BABY Stam is coming in new colours for spring?

^^I'm really curious about the green! But I don't think department stores will be getting this green...

Hmmm, do you think the baby stam is too similar to a Chanel Reissue. They both are quilted bags with chain straps. I know they're different shapes, but they both have that vintage feel... Ohhh, I guess I'll have to wait to see this bag in person! Thanks so much for all your info!

Wicked, Nordstrom will get Resort 06's Little Stam in Black, White Chiffon, and Topaz. Ask Joseph to reserve a Topaz baby Stam for you. =)

Besides being quilted, I think Reissue & baby Stam are very different. =) Your Reissue is totally elegant, it lacks the funky vibe of the baby Stam (from the thick chain). The baby Stam is quite cute, it would be a good choice for days where you don't bring much with you. Topaz adds a fresh feeling to it, I think you will like the color (greeny like Spearmint). Wicked, you should check it out first; I'm not sure if you will like the chain which bothers some owners (it digs into the shoulder for some).

The leather or Fall/Resort '06 Stam is quite structured, it reminds me of Chanel's Caviar. Most people prefer older Stams' leather (nappa or icy), the new leather seems tough (ie more durable). It requires less TLC than baby-butt-soft nappa leather.