Coffer fans/owners-tell me the truth.....

1. Is this bag a complete pain in the arse to get in and out of? I have been thinking about buying this bag for some time, but am not sure how I will feel about the opening. I'm usually an open top bag kind of girl.....thoughts would be much appreciated....thanks!

2. That's one of my pet peeves about some bags, also, but I actually do not find the Coffer a pain because it's not a flap AND a zipper (which some bags are). Especially if when wearing the bag with the cross-body strap, I find it's pretty easy to get in and out of. The lock can be a bit persnickety to close periodically, but I'm told that's not uncommon for new bags and that goes away once the bag is broken in.

3. I don't have one but tried it on at the store one time. I'm a bit anal when it comes to bags' openings as well. I found the coffer easy to open and access items. And this is coming from someone who has to lug around a baby!

4. I love coffer so very much but honestly the lock is kinda tricky to open/close. Love the 2 front pockets too! You should try it on in person.

5. I love my coffer, but I'm glad it has the two big pockets in the front cause I mainly use those for stuff I need to get to frequently. The latch can be a bit tricky but you get used to it, sometimes I just leave the latch open too.

6. I love it! I also use the front pockets for the frequent access items; they are so big and deep. My latch became easier over time, too.

7. Coffers are by far the best bags that I have ever, ever owned!! :love:

8. Thanks so much for all of your responses....I ordered the plum colored coffer from NM....so, I'll find out soon enough if I like it or not! Unfortunately, I'm not close enough to go and try one on, unless I want to drive 1.5 hrs. to Boston or NYC. Keep your fingers crossed! Sounds like you're all in love with yours, but the latch may be tricky. I have seen some pictures where they are just left open, as one of you mentioned that you do. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again, very much! :smile:

9. I never keep the latch open -- I think it should really ease up for you with some use. And I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the depth of the front pockets that really hold a lot without bulging or distorting the shape of the bag. I hope you'll enjoy it -- I do love mine and I get lots of compliments, too!

10. torreyb, coffer is a nice bag you will not regret. I owned a purple one too and love it. Every time when i bring her out, i m so happy and get lots of complements and glances. I don't find the flap a problem and i like to carry it on my shoulder using the braid handle. Keep us posted and model pic when you got yours. Welcome to the world of coffer....

11. I went back to the store and exchange with another one. The lock on this one works well. no more problems!! Hope you will like yours too torreyb!!