Coach vs Dooney

I am a fan of leather purses. Unfortunately, neither D&B nor Coach seem to have the variety of styles and shapes in leather as they did in the early nineties/ late eighties. I'm not a fan of designer logos plastered all over anything I wear or carry and the majority of both of their collections are signature ridden. It just seems gaudy to me, but that's just my opinion. I love the original D&B AWL! (Bring it back D&B!!!) So, based on the available styles in leather from D&B & Coach that suit my conservative taste, I choose D&B. The Alto collection is beautiful!

I like the leather bags primarily of both lines - Dooney (Alto) and from Coach (Legacy). I'm eyeballing the Dooney leather tassel bag right now.

Unfortunately :yes: my wallet loves nice handbags so there isn't a competition for my $$$$!

I prefer Coach. I have 1 Dooney bag. It is one of the QVC Today special value bags. The one that looks like the IT satchel but is not done in multicolored logo. I got the black one. I do love it....especially since it has the blue inside fabric and the heart zipper pull. From what I understand only the waitlisted ones the first time around as Today special vales were like that. I could be wrong. Anyway, it's a great bag!

This is so subjective, I have owned both, but far more Dooney's than Coach's as Coach's purses just tended to bore me personally. I never really found them different than other leather purses too much. Yes, some of the new stuff has a different look to it and Coach, like Dooney really needed to up their fashion profile and trendiness. I do think that Dooney tends to follow LV trends a lot more than others though.

Coach has more classic bags that will last forever. I started out with Dooney years and years ago. But they started getting very juvenile in their designs. I for one do not want bags with popsicles or hearts or cowboy hats on them. So I ventured into Coach. oh sure, Coach had their mistakes too, but I knew I could go in there anytime and buy an amazing leather bag that will least forever for under $500.00.

Dooney once was THE premier designer bag company that everyone wanted a bag from. The classic designs and great leather were never duplicated. AWL2 is crap compared to the leather of 10 years ago.

After all the bag phases I have been thru over the past few years, I came full circle back to.....COACH.

Coach has more classic bags that will last forever. I started out with Dooney years and years ago. But they started getting very juvenile in their designs. I for one do not want bags with popsicles or hearts or cowboy hats on them. So I ventured into Coach. oh sure, Coach had their mistakes too, but I knew I could go in there anytime and buy an amazing leather bag that will least forever for under $500.00.

Dooney once was THE premier designer bag company that everyone wanted a bag from. The classic designs and great leather were never duplicated. AWL2 is crap compared to the leather of 10 years ago.

After all the bag phases I have been thru over the past few years, I came full circle back to.....COACH.
good point donna!

I am a big fan of the magnetic closure which is offered on some Dooney bags, mainly totes. I don't particularly care for the "whimsical" patterns such as popsicles, candy, etc. that have come out this year. I just got into Coach this year, but have been fairly impressed so far. I'm not a slave to logos, though. If I like something, I'll buy it regardless who it is from.