COACH SHOULDER BAG - too SMALL for me!

1. So I purchased the coach shoulder bag in blk and pond on eBay. I just opened both boxes up today...this bag is way too small for me. It's just too small to be my day to day bag, not enough room when you carry it over the shoulder and I feel ridiculous wearing it as I am 5'9. I should have waited for one before I purchased the second. I am just happy I didn't buy the rose for $459. All the colors are beautiful but it is simply too small. I don't even think I'll be able to wear it over the shoulder with a coat! I put the pond on up for sale on eBay - I hope I'll make close to what I paid and I've asked the seller of the blk one if she'd be willing to exchange this one for the Mandy. I hope she agrees and doesn't charge some sort of restocking fee...oh, I was so looking forward to this bag! :crybaby:

2. ummm....do you mean too small in regards to your height/size or too small in regards to fitting all your stuff in it??? I'm 5'10" 135 lbs. and I think the shoulder bag fits fine on me. It does fit snug under my armpit but there is a little space there.

3. I have the pond shoulder bag also and I can actually fit a bunch. Did you try to move the strap to the last notch? I've also seen a few people extend the strap with an extra clip purchased at the hardware store.

before you get the Mandy - just know it's MUCH heavier than the shoulder bag. I've used my Mandy less and less as I find I'm getting a workout just carrying it.

Ultimately, if you're not comfortable with it, you nee dto find something that you love.

4. I just bought the chocolate brown legacy 07 shoulder bag and LOVE her!!!!! Did you try "slouching" her in the middle to conform to your stuff inside? That REALLY works well, giving you more "under the arm room"...an SA showed me that when I fell in love w/ this bag a few weeks ago!!!! As for the heavy coat thing....I live in NY and need to wear a heavy coat for about 3-4 months out of the year....when my new bag arrived yesterday, the first thing I did was stuff her w/ my own goodies, and try her on w/ my big, heavy coat!!!!!! LOLOL...and she fit VERY comfortably!!!! With room to spare, and I am 5'2"!!!! My advice is to try pushing down the middle to give her a "slouch effect".... The shoulder bag, IMO, is one of the best bags that Coach makes!!!! It's MUCH more lightweight on the shoulder than the Mandy (as the above poster suggested)...good luck in your decision!!!!

5. thank you so much for the advice, ladies. I really do want to love these bags. I might try to add another clip to make th bad a bit longer and I'll try to make her slouch a bit. I ended up posting and ending my auction for the pond. I tried the bag on again at the longest stap length and my mom thought it looked nice..I am just so used to carrying a big bag but I do want to get out of that habit. does coach sell that extra clip, if not do you know where I can find one? Thx soo much!

6. Someone had posted about finding a brass clip in Ace Hardware....take the bag w/ you to match it up!!! I wear mine on the longest length too and I slouch her and she is soooooooooooo comfy! I was used to big bags too, but I recently gave up my "diaper bag" which was only filled up w/ my kids snacks and toys now that they are older! This bag is the perfect size!!!! PLEASE keep us posted!!!! I KNOW you will love her!!!!

7. i hope it works out for you in whatever decision you make!!

in my opinion, that bag is super SMALL...i could never use it. they are gorgeous bags and i've probably tried one on at least 4 or 5 times, but I think it's too small and the strap is kinda short.

8. Wow, I have it in pond and haven't used it yet. It feels too big for me. I'll have to be brave one day.