Coach SAs

Macy*s, Dillards, Nordies, etc. All of their Coach associates are on commission, so they will be pushy, and usually not so friendly. I learned that when I started shopping for Coach, and that's why I chose to work at Coach. We're all friendly and try to make every customer feel like they've known us for a while.

But wouldnt the Coach associates at Department Stores WANT to get the sale and attempt to be the nicest they can be to the customer :confused1:

blagh SA's annoy me sometimes...

I love my Nordies SA's and my Saks SA's (minus the LV "boutique" in Saks which I now have a problem with :cursing:) but I really cant stand the women in Dillards and Macys.

Anyways I :love::love::love::love: my Coach SA's they are the sweetest set of girls around :tender:

Almost all that I've met have been very nice and helpful, there is one that was condescending and of course that one sticks in my mind. I believe she is an assistant manager and I believe I am avoiding the boutique for awhile.

My Coach SA's are fantastic - both the gals and the guys. They all know me and my DH by name. I went in there on Friday (my b-day) to pick up one of the gifts DH had ordered for me. They all stopped and wished me a happy birthday (apparently DH had been in there a few times making some birthday plans). It was funny because it seemed like all of them were in on my birthday surprise and were all whispering around me and making weird signals with my DH. Anyway, what i'm trying to say is going into my boutique feels like visiting some old friends and I am always treated like I am their favorite customer. We have a LV boutique in our Saks store that's i've walked by a few times, and though i'm curious, I just don't feel comfortable going in there yet. The atmosphere doesn't feel quite as inviting as my Coach store so for now i'm going to stick with what I know best. :smile:

How many Coach SA's are on TPF anyway? LOL. There's me, Whitney, Sprinkles, Allison, Glitter and emarsha? That's so funny that there are so many now. It was just me, Whit and Sprinkles, and just the two of them before I came along! LOL, well, I bet our Coach subforum is the most knowledgeable TPF forum about a particular brand, with all of these great ladies (not just including the other SA's... I swear, Kallison, Court and Hyacinth know more than my manager at Coach)!

Sigh.... I love Coach. :love: :heart:

How many Coach SA's are on TPF anyway? LOL. There's me, Whitney, Sprinkles, Allison, Glitter and emarsha? That's so funny that there are so many now. It was just me, Whit and Sprinkles, and just the two of them before I came along! LOL, well, I bet our Coach subforum is the most knowledgeable TPF forum about a particular brand, with all of these great ladies (not just including the other SA's... I swear, Kallison, Court and Hyacinth know more than my manager at Coach)!

Sigh.... I love Coach. :love: :heart:

i worked up in fairfax, va for a little while until we moved to texas. i took a break for a year and just started working again 2 weeks ago. my managers here are sooooooo nice, makes going to work so much fun.

and like you... i :heart: coach!

But wouldnt the Coach associates at Department Stores WANT to get the sale and attempt to be the nicest they can be to the customer :confused1:
I know it sounds ass backwards, but that's how I have observed SA's who are on commission. The only thing I can think of is they need the commission to live, and if you don't plan to buy anything, or something expensive, then it's not worth their time to wait on you and be nice.

I've only been in Coach boutiques and everytime I've gone in the associates have been super nice...even when I had my kiddos with me and they wanted to touch EVERY bag. lol Same for the outlet...very nice!

I agree. It's rare I get the opportunity to go to a Coach store as there are none in my city but when I have gone in I've been treated really well and all the SA's have been very friendly. I've always been dressed quite casually as I'm usually on vacation when at a Coach store and do not always have a designer bag on my arm but am still always treated really well.

I've always received great service from the SAs at my local boutique. The ones that have been there for a while know me even if they don't usually help me, and the new ones have been trained well. Almost everytime I go, an SA and I will be talking about bags one minute and then veer off into a completely different "regular" conversation.

As for Macy's SAs....I've never had a problem with any of them. At the stores that sell Coach shoes, there are SAs that, as soon as they see me, ask me "which shoes did you come to get this time?" or "have you seen the new ones?" The SAs in the bag section are nice, but don't really go out of their way to show me stuff.

It's funny, the first time I went into my boutique I was ignored, so it kind of turned me off and I didn't go in again for about a year. Now I have gone in several times (why wouldn't I when it is 5 minutes down the street?) and they are all super nice. And it's not really that I was dressed like a bum the first time but not the others...I've been dressed in jeans and a shirt most times. But I'm sure the fact that I was wearing my pond shoulder bag and wearing my Coach sunnies on my head may have helped some. I notice that they sometimes aren't as eager to help out the teenager/early college girls that come into the store.

I've never had any problems with Macy's SA's either. They've been helpful and haven't been snippy. But I've only bought a bag and a wristlet from Macy's.

My experience has been:

At my local Macy's - nice enough SA but a bit on the snooty side. Helpful but it's as if she looks down her nose. Now that I've purchased enough bags from her, she's not so snooty now. I don't like her attitude but will buy there off and on if necessary.

At a Coach boutique recently - This was the only boutique I've ever shopped at and the SAs were great! Loved the experience completely. I can't shop there often simply because I was from out of town.

At a Coach outlet - Outlet #1 the SAs were very friendly and helpful. I'd shop again if I got the chance. Outlet #2 were snotty. My entire family came in with me (dh and 4 kids, older kids though) and I was ignored the whole time. When my troup went outside (boredom set in quickly) all of the sudden the SAs took notice of me and commented on my "beautiful Ali" blah, blah, blah. I left and did not purchase there.

I also got to shop at 1 LV boutique and 1 Hermes boutique. The LV boutique ignored me completely. I determined that I'd never purchase there, if I ever purchased at all. At the Hermes boutique, I got the BEST cs I've ever gotten. The SA knew I wasn't going to be purchasing but she still brought out a bag I had asked about, answered all my questions, tried scarves on me and gave me her business card if I ever did want to purchase in the future. I enjoyed the entire experience at Hermes. Anyway, that's my .02! I love the SAs at Bellevue, WA where I was able to phone in my PCE order. I may choose to phone order from them from this point on!

Macy*s, Dillards, Nordies, etc. All of their Coach associates are on commission, so they will be pushy, and usually not so friendly. I learned that when I started shopping for Coach, and that's why I chose to work at Coach. We're all friendly and try to make every customer feel like they've known us for a while.

The Nordie's SAs are always very nice, friendly & professional...never had an issue with them. The Macy's SA is ok, nice enough; no Dillard's by me. I have found that the SAs at the Coach boutiques are all over the place, meaning some are nice, some are snippy. Usually friendly when you come in, but a couple of them were not so nice when I didn't end up purchasing...I have to really think about commiting that much money to a bag...I have to LOVE it! Of course, I love the way a lot of them look, but they have to fit my need too!

And how could I forget the outlets! There is one I go to frequently, they are always VERY nice, helpful, sweet, etc.! LOVE going in there! I recently went to another outlet, called ahead & the SA was SO friendly & held a couple of things for me until I could get there...I swear I've had better service at the outlets than at the boutiques...never thought of it before, but I was recently at a couple of boutiques and wasn't so thrilled with the treatment.

I kinda have mixed emotions about the coach sa's. Theres a mall by my house that has the worst sa's imo. I look very young mid teens) and when I step into the store, im never greeted and I feel like im being watched. They dont even bother asking me if I need help with anything. I always avoid that boutique and drive for an additional 15 min for another mall cuz those sa's are awesome!