Coach Repair Problem

my SA told me lifetime was 5-7 yrs for sigi and 7-10 for leather.

I'm glad this thread was bumped.

That's funny that your SA told you that, because they couldn't repair my sealant issue with my Legacy '06 LEATHER bag (less than 3 years old as I bought it in December of that year), and they just sent it back with a 40% coupon (not a credit letter) because it is "old." This is a major construction flaw, and will eventually cause the strap to break off the bag, but they didn't feel like giving me a credit for it.

Oh, and I did take it to the boutique to send it in, but they wouldn't waive the $20 fee. And when I complained to CS at JAX about the $20 fee (because it was an unnecessary expense because the boutique should have known that the sealant couldn't be repaired), they said the fee was for their "service" of "assessing the bag." Talking out of both sides of their mouths, like usual @ Coach.

I bought my friend a coach purse at the beginning of the fall, and now the handle on it just ripped. And I can not seem to find the reciept.... Was it ever needed? Do I need it? Or would I have better luck going to a leather store to see if it can be fixed there? I hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks :sad:

You do not need the receipt. Either take it in to a Coach store and they can send it in for you or look on the Coach website for the address to send it in yourself. If it is a fairly new bag I would take it in to the boutique and see what they can do.

You do not need the receipt. Either take it in to a Coach store and they can send it in for you or look on the Coach website for the address to send it in yourself. If it is a fairly new bag I would take it in to the boutique and see what they can do.

THANK YOU!!!! =D That is so helpful! =)

umm... how can I find the address. I was looking on the site earlier and I could not find it. =( and do I need to call anyone to let them know I will be sending a package to them?

Last edited:
I would take it to the store they can look at the serial number and know that can help them to know when it was purchased and they can have the tracking info for you. THis is what I do when I need repairs. They are great.

I sprayed scotchguard on my coach purse and I got a little on the leather part and now it looks cracked! I am so upset, how can I fix this? Will mink oil help? or will that make it worse?PLEASE HELP!

I sprayed scotchguard on my coach purse and I got a little on the leather part and now it looks cracked! I am so upset, how can I fix this? Will mink oil help? or will that make it worse?PLEASE HELP!

Anyone have this problem:

I sent away my bag for repair and paid $20 coach said it could not repair to coach standards and so they sent me a 40% off coupon. The coupon is good i really wanted the bag repaired should i call and complain and ask for my $20 back. I just want the bag repaired it dosen't have to be to coach standard.
Yes, I had the same problem as you and received the same message as you. My family have bought many Coach purses and are very disappointed in the way this was handled. They did nothing to the bag. If you find somewhere to repair it please contact me [email protected]. Thanks

In my approx. 20 years of buying Coach, I sent 2 bags in for repair (both less than 3 months old & both used no more than 5 times). The first one, stitching inside the handles was broken - and in areas it would weaken with continued use. I got a letter saying they couldn't repair it - and did I want the bag back, or full credit for the bag. The boutique I normally shop at called before I got the letter, told me the information was in the computer, and if I opted to take the bag back, I could select any Coach bag @ 40% off. The second bag, I sent for repair was a Flagship edition - and decorative stitching - heavy thread on the handles - had a loose end of broken thread - cut too short & not secure. When I took in for repair, the SA noticed the other handle had the same issue.
I got no communication for 4 weeks - and just happened to ask about it when I was in the boutique on Friday.... The SA researched for me, and found out a "merchandise card" had been sent out that day. I received the card yesterday - and a letter with it saying my bag couldn't be repaired - and if I wanted the damaged one back, in lieu of the credit (they would cancel it) - that they would hold the bag for 30 days.
The SA told me this seems to be the current way they are going to handle repairs - if they can't fix it - they will send you a full merchandise credit.

I opted to get the first one back, because I'm sure I can have it repaired at a leather shop. The 2nd one, not too sure, because of color that it could be matched. If you love your bag - I'd try to get it repaired on your own. I think the only reason the $20 fees are waived is if it's a fairly new bag - and also, if you do most of your Coach shopping at the same boutique - and in their customer base, they will usually waive fees.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:
I was very disappointed with Coach. My bag strap broke within a year of purchase. I sent it in at the coach store I bought it at, for the $20 fee. Four weeks later, I called and they told me that they could not repair it. I was very upset because it was only the strap. I asked if I could have the strap replaced and they said no. They no longer had it. I believe it was some leather that looked like snake, rather thin if you ask me. They sent me a coupon for 40 percent off! The purse was hardly used, it is in great shape except for the strap!! Never again will I buy coach. Got myself a LV Delightful, and am very happy!! Coach does not warranty their products. They have lost a customer for life!!

I was very disappointed with Coach. My bag strap broke within a year of purchase. I sent it in at the coach store I bought it at, for the $20 fee. Four weeks later, I called and they told me that they could not repair it. I was very upset because it was only the strap. I asked if I could have the strap replaced and they said no. They no longer had it. I believe it was some leather that looked like snake, rather thin if you ask me. They sent me a coupon for 40 percent off! The purse was hardly used, it is in great shape except for the strap!! Never again will I buy coach. Got myself a LV Delightful, and am very happy!! Coach does not warranty their products. They have lost a customer for life!!

Too bad. I would have replaced that strap in a heartbeat with a nice one from Silver Coach, and trotted off to FP with my 40% off coupon.

Not sure if you used the purse everyday or once a month, but Coach can't always repair everything. They truly have one of the best warranties of any of the well known purse makers. Well, hopefully you never have a problem with the LV. The warranty they provide is even worse.