Coach Hobos: Chelsea vs. Turnlock

Jul 28, 2016
Anyone familiar with the Turnlock Hobo or the Chelsea Hobo? I've ordered both in black with the Thanksgiving promo code and am impatiently waiting for them to arrive to try them on and figure which to keep. Any pros, cons, or opinions on these? The turnlock is posted first below, then the Chelsea. Thanks, folks!
download.jpg images.jpg

Reactions: Mariquel
Anyone familiar with the Turnlock Hobo or the Chelsea Hobo? I've ordered both in black with the Thanksgiving promo code and am impatiently waiting for them to arrive to try them on and figure which to keep. Any pros, cons, or opinions on these? The turnlock is posted first below, then the Chelsea. Thanks, folks!
View attachment 3531688 View attachment 3531689
That second image does not look like a Chelsea, it looks like the Nomad (?)

I don't own either one, but if you're asking for opinions I like the Chelsea better simply because I'm not fond of Coach's gold and/or light gold hardware. There's much less hardware on the Chelsea, although I do love the turnlock closures, in general. BTW, I just went to the website to check what the other color selections were for your two bags and Black was my favorite for either one -- I didn't care for any of those other colors.

Hope you enjoy whichever one you end up with!

The second bag is the nomad not the Chelsea. Both are nice but IMO the nomad is slightly better made (the leather, leather lining, etc) but it does not have a zip closure which is a deal breaker for some. I like the turnlock hobo too because it is pebbled leather and it has a big outside pocket but the leather is kind of thin compared to other pebbled leather bags in the past. I think the nomad doesn't slouch as much as the turnlock hobo if that's important to you. Can't really go wrong with either one. Good luck deciding and let us know.

The second bag is the nomad not the Chelsea. Both are nice but IMO the nomad is slightly better made (the leather, leather lining, etc) but it does not have a zip closure which is a deal breaker for some. I like the turnlock hobo too because it is pebbled leather and it has a big outside pocket but the leather is kind of thin compared to other pebbled leather bags in the past. I think the nomad doesn't slouch as much as the turnlock hobo if that's important to you. Can't really go wrong with either one. Good luck deciding and let us know.

I see why there's confusion -- Squirrel DID post the photo of the black Nomad here, but she meant to post the Chelsea photo -- I think.

I don't own either one, but if you're asking for opinions I like the Chelsea better simply because I'm not fond of Coach's gold and/or light gold hardware. There's much less hardware on the Chelsea, although I do love the turnlock closures, in general. BTW, I just went to the website to check what the other color selections were for your two bags and Black was my favorite for either one -- I didn't care for any of those other colors.

Hope you enjoy whichever one you end up with!
Thanks for the input and well wishes! This will be my first Coach bag, so I appreciate your opinion on the hardware. I definitely see what you mean:smile:

Yep, the Nomad's lack of a zipper excludes it for me, too, so I did mean the Chelsea. My fault for posting the wrong picture! Thanks for the input and well wishes! I'll post my verdict and pics when they arrive:smile:

Here's the real pic of the Chelsea:smile:
download (1).jpg

Yep, the Nomad's lack of a zipper excludes it for me, too, so I did mean the Chelsea. My fault for posting the wrong picture! Thanks for the input and well wishes! I'll post my verdict and pics when they arrive:smile:
If you need more options, the crossbody Nomad does have the zipper. I believe it's the same size as the Chelsea. The Nomad's interior is fully leather lined, the exterior is a thicker leather and a different type of leather.

Good Luck with your choices--overall they are all beautiful!

If you need more options, the crossbody Nomad does have the zipper. I believe it's the same size as the Chelsea. The Nomad's interior is fully leather lined, the exterior is a thicker leather and a different type of leather.

Good Luck with your choices--overall they are all beautiful!
Ooh! Good to know about the crossbody! It sounds really well made. Ah, decisions!

Ooh! Good to know about the crossbody! It sounds really well made. Ah, decisions!

I totally agree with the others about the Nomad being superior to the Chelsea in several ways. The leather is smoother, And the colors are more vibrant, especially the burnished colors like green and denim blue. Now that you know the crossbody Nomad has a zippered closure, you may want to shell out a little more. (It's easy to spend other people's money, isn't it?)

BTW, I bought my regular sized Nomad last year when the line debuted, in the gorgeous green (forgot official name), but I did wait for the first 25% discount event. My green one is a bit hard to match with my wardrobe, but it's stunning and people notice it. And it IS a little stiff, so I couldn't wear it daily anyway. Not having a zipper doesnt bother me. If I didn't already own a Nomad I'd jump on the burnished denim blue -- *drooling*...

Keep us updated -- I'm only into the Coach brand for about four years -- many folks in here are true veterans, haha.

Good luck!