Coach Headband Idea!!

So I was reading the threads about the coach headband everyone has been wanting and really like. I saw that a couple people were kinda bummed bc they thought it was an actual headband and not like a scarf.

Well..............I was thinking! What you could do is go and buy just a regular headband thickness to your liking....get some fabric glue, get a scarf of your choice and kind form it perfectly around the head band. Glue certain pieces first and cut and form it just so on the ends. I know it may sound crazy bc you would be cutting up a scarf, but sounds cool to me and I know it could be done!

Also you could prolly make about 3 or so headbands depending on the size and you could trade them around with other coach lovers that way you could get a variety of styles and colors! :yes:

What do you all think of this?

Stupid, Crazy, Hot, Very cool, impossible? hehe

She was right, that is how you do it. The tricky part is getting the pattern for the shape of the base headband and glueing the fabric to the band without ruining the silk with the glue. Most fabric glue dries clear but when wet, it could damage the silk. Below are pictures of the one that my Mom put together. She said it was hard and messy and that you probably want to experiment with cheaper satin or silk before actually using the real deal. She already figured out a cutting pattern and how to get it together. Out of one scarf, she could get up to 5 headbands. The thickness of the headbands is the most important factor for the cut.
This is not a Coach fabric, it was just cheaper silk that she found. Please send your comments and see which route we want to take on this. Let me know! Also, if anybody knows of where we could find the scarves for a cheaper price, i.e. outlets, let us know.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• headband1.JPG
    headband1.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 135
  • headband2.JPG
    headband2.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 100
hey it looks awsome!!!!! :smile: your mom did a great job

i know the outlet in ny have, or had when i went, a lot of scarves but not all the same and stuff ,,,

and my Q is she could get up to 5 out of which type of coach scarf? the 27x27 in ones? not the ponytail ones ,,,,

but yea it looks awsome and id love to hear more about how we would do this!

hey it looks awsome!!!!! :smile: your mom did a great job

and my Q is she could get up to 5 out of which type of coach scarf? the 27x27 in ones? not the ponytail ones ,,,,

but yea it looks awsome and id love to hear more about how we would do this!

Correct the 27 x 27, not the ponytails. We would have to start figuring out who is in charge of buying the scarf, and where it could be cheaper and then pitch in. The only other expense would be the base headband, which is like a dollar if we buy it by the dozen. I found this scarf on ebay that could do the trick, love the colors. Not trying to promote a sale, just a suggestion:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140102450938&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Wow your mother is fabulous!!! the headbands look great!
I'd say that we need to first get a concrete # of people to commit to pitching in for the headbands. Once we have this number, we'll know how many scarves we need.
Then, we can call around to outlets to see what 27x27" scarves they have in stock. Someone can go pick them up and we can paypal them the money for the scarves.

Then -- we also have to pay your mother for her time/efforts doing the headbands as well

Ok so lets get a definitive group together that wants a head band!

I'm in but depending on the scarf. I'd want to make sure it's something I like and would wear.

Could someone who works at Coach get the scarves? I think we should decide on 1 or 2 scarves that are readily available first.

Wow your mother is fabulous!!! the headbands look great!
I'd say that we need to first get a concrete # of people to commit to pitching in for the headbands. Once we have this number, we'll know how many scarves we need.
Then, we can call around to outlets to see what 27x27" scarves they have in stock. Someone can go pick them up and we can paypal them the money for the scarves.

Then -- we also have to pay your mother for her time/efforts doing the headbands as well

Ok so lets get a definitive group together that wants a head band!

did you see the ebay scarf that I posted with my last response on this? Let me know. Do we need a new thread?

Wow... that headband came out really cute... I think it's safe to say I'm in! Lolitablue, the eBay link you posted isn't showing the pictures... which scarf is it though? Maybe we can post a different pic of it.

M.

the pictures are working now. I like the scarf but how would it work on the headband? Wouldn't the headband only get like 2 of the "patches"? maybe 3? I think a more consistent patterned scarf would be better. Just my opinion though.