Coach Fall 2014 preview soon?

Remember the "I'm never buying Coach again!!!!!" Hysteria when the previews showed up for Legacy? Very few diehards haven't found a single thing they love from Coach in the last 2 years , legacy haters or not.

Since Legacy launched I think I have bought (and did not return) less than 3 boutique bags. I used to be more around one per month. I have the money to spend but bought more MFF and other brands. With Legacy the feeling was mixed. I was in the minority who did not like Legacy. I would gauge about only 20% of the users here did not like that collection at the time of the preview. There were a ton of people excited about Legacy. Much more than the group who was not and the group who were excited were very vocal in their enthusiasm. So it was not like they were the silent majority

I think you have to put this in context. This collection is like the Poppy collection was when it initially launched. It was intended to attract a younger demographic. They didn't stop making their core products that appeal to a wide audience and make up over $4 Billion in annual revenue. They augment the product line to try to be more inclusive.

I am confident that when the full Fall preview press pix are released next month, you will see all the familiar Coach bags, all the tried and true silhouettes that make Coach, Coach. Plus, you will also see the new bags that are part of this collection. They will co-exist. ;)

Yes I remember the Poppy launch. And again that was split. The original feedback was NOT all negative. I was not too keen on the bags but I still have my Pegasus fob from the preview sale. And I still kick myself for not getting a Sequin Spotlight.

They had originally tried to appeal to the younger set with this. I am not sure what happened here but the Poppy bags now look like all the other bags, no distinction. In the past we also had a separate Poppy preview. There was a separate link on the website sidebar. If they want to continue to target the younger set, why not just reinvigorate the Poppy line? I think all the Coach bags look alike now. I unable to distinguish Madison from Poppy and other bags and vice versa. Only by things like Logo. But style alone they look the same. Today's Poppy does not look anymore youthful than other bags. I don't mind Coach having a separate line that targets the younger set. But since Poppy melted into the other bags, we may no longer have that distinction and this could very well be IT. Believe me when I tell you I want to be wrong about this. I have money to spend and I WANT to find Coach bags I love.

Last edited:
So, here are a couple of pix from latimes.com with better views of the bags:

PS
The black studded tote is really big--see picture #4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.29.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.29.24 PM.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 667
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.29.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.29.59 PM.png
    431.2 KB · Views: 669
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.30.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.30.10 PM.png
    419.7 KB · Views: 678
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.31.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.31.23 PM.png
    669.2 KB · Views: 688
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.30.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.30.43 PM.png
    382.4 KB · Views: 659
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.30.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.30.27 PM.png
    454.5 KB · Views: 650
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.31.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.31.33 PM.png
    654.9 KB · Views: 648
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.31.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.31.42 PM.png
    693.4 KB · Views: 655
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.32.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.32.17 PM.png
    655.9 KB · Views: 643
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.32.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 8.32.28 PM.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 631
Since Legacy launched I think I have bought (and did not return) less than 3 boutique bags. I used to be more around one per month. I have the money to spend but bought more MFF and other brands. With Legacy the feeling was mixed. I was in the minority who did not like Legacy. I would gauge about only 20% of the users here did not like that collection at the time of the preview. There were a ton of people excited about Legacy. Much more than the group who was not and the group who were excited were very vocal in their enthusiasm. So it was not like they were the silent majority

Yes I remember the Poppy launch. And again that was split. The original feedback was NOT all negative. I was not too keen on the bags but I still have my Pegasus fob from the preview sale. And I still kick myself for not getting a Sequin Spotlight.

They had originally tried to appeal to the younger set with this. I am not sure what happened here but the Poppy bags now look like all the other bags, no distinction. In the past we also had a separate Poppy preview. There was a separate link on the website sidebar. If they want to continue to target the younger set, why not just reinvigorate the Poppy line? I think all the Coach bags look alike now. I unable to distinguish Madison from Poppy and other bags and vice versa. Only by things like Logo. But style alone they look the same. Today's Poppy does not look anymore youthful than other bags. I don't mind Coach having a separate line that targets the younger set. But since Poppy melted into the other bags, we may no longer have that distinction and this could very well be IT. Believe me when I tell you I want to be wrong about this. I have money to spend and I WANT to find Coach bags I love.

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks! I always enjoy reading your comments as well. :P

I am ready to buy this one--it's months away to the release, but I am already planning the purchase! I just need to hear what colors it's coming in! :graucho:
Can you tell what the black stuff on the side is? I think this is the most promising bag of the collection so far.

Oh wow... Is that fringe?! I love fringe! I'm going to be cautiously optimistic on this one... It's atleast more interesting than Krackoff's repurposing of RK bag designs....

View attachment 2493414

This shearling hoodie will be in my closet this fall. And when I wear it, I will not be "grunge" nor "hip-hop".

That is the beauty of Coach. I can style pieces from the collection to suit me and MY style.

The hoodie and the bag are gorgeous. I'm too old for grunge and/or hip hop....but I will be buying some bags from this new fall collection and I am excited!!!