Coach Ergo hobo: black patent or matte leather

It depends on the intended use for the bag. If you have an everyday black bag and want something with a little more interest, then keep the patent. But if you are looking for something to use daily, then go with the regular leather.

ITA!!

And Liz....that's one hard decision!! The red patent is pretty, but I would never carry a big red bag like that, so my choice would be to keep the turquoise. But the red is hot and unique.......okay....leaving now because I'm no help!!

Bessie, it's very hard to "just return" stuff to Coach without walking out of the store with something. I had to take this beauty home with me when I parted with the patent ergo. I am trying to give her a name... "Legacy Slim Tote" just doesn't suit her... I think I might call her Sweet Sunshine. LOL (I like naming my stuff... I named my car Cookie)

Hehe my car is names clifford the little red car!! :smile: that's so funny you got a new bag but that's a great spacious bag! How about calling her legz! Or whisky slim sally :smile: haha sorry bored in class!!!

Hehe my car is names clifford the little red car!! :smile: that's so funny you got a new bag but that's a great spacious bag! How about calling her legz! Or whisky slim sally :smile: haha sorry bored in class!!!

I drive a pearl white Lancer (hence the name Cookie). Although my friends think I have gone coocoo for naming my car. LOL Hey I like that name Clifford, sounds very... old Hollywood manly man actor-ish.

It's not whisky color... so I guess I'll have to name my bag... Naturally Slim Shady Sally T. (T is the first initial of my last name. I guess my bag will have to assume my last name). Well, let's just call her Sally for short. LOL

oh... Liz... Red patent is unique... and that Turq color is fabulous... Can you try putting all your stuff in both of the bags and see how they hang? Perhaps post some pics of you modeling them. Also, please examine closely at the patent leather to see if there are scratches like I mentioned... I really like patent leather, but I just couldn't keep it.

kiutty77:

I will take pictures tonight of my turquoise and red patent leather carrying both of them. You guys let me know which one looks better. I am thinking of just taking the Patent Leather one back and exchanging my Ergo turquoise hobo to the Turquoise tote. I really love my tote the most and it fits so much inside. It really rocks and could be my second all time favorite Coach Bag.

Grace:

I have the same problem. I have three Ergo Hobos and can and only should keep two of them. I have the Vintage Vachetta Hobo, Ergo Large Turquoise Hobo and the Red Patent. The Vachetta leather is staying for sure, I just need to decide on the Ergo Hobo color version (turquoise leather or red patent). Please help me decide on this one. This is a hard one.

thanks,
Liz

I think you know I'm going with the red patent! :yes: If you have any pics of that bag, I'd LOVE to see it!

Here are pictures of me carrying the red patent Ergo and the Turquoise Ergo. While I love the turquoise one the patent one is so hot. My husband says to keep both and that the red one is more for going out. See pictures below and help me decide. I really don't want three bags in the same style.

Attachments

• IMG0001_1.jpg
    IMG0001_1.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG0001.jpg
    IMG0001.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 128
kiutty77:

I will take pictures tonight of my turquoise and red patent leather carrying both of them. You guys let me know which one looks better. I am thinking of just taking the Patent Leather one back and exchanging my Ergo turquoise hobo to the Turquoise tote. I really love my tote the most and it fits so much inside. It really rocks and could be my second all time favorite Coach Bag.

kiutty77:

I examined my red patent ergo and there are no scratches on it at all. It is perfect, but how will it wear.
Will it take a beating and not wear as well as the leather? What do you think?

Liz

I'm going to take the other side. Why not keep the patent? Coach has tons of bags available in their great leather and few choices in patent. As for the longevity, and speaking from my experience and old age, :P, patent will never truly be gone from a stylish wardrobe either.

I would keep the patent.

Ditto!

I'll be rocking my Payent Ergo on Thursday! :yahoo:

i still really like the blue ! i think the red looks like it hangs funny ....and its just too much WAH! shine for me :smile:

But if i was between the hobo and the tote in turq. i would DEF get the tote! i have the tote and i think its the most amazng bag ever! :smile:

Here are pictures of me carrying the red patent Ergo and the Turquoise Ergo. While I love the turquoise one the patent one is so hot. My husband says to keep both and that the red one is more for going out. See pictures below and help me decide. I really don't want three bags in the same style.

I vote for the turquoise. The patent is pretty, but I'm not a huge patent fan.

Liz, I was looking at both of those pics for the last 5 minutes... They both are very very beautiful bags.

Let's start with the red patent one. It is a very unique color, but I noticed the edges of the bag kind of "sag" inward a little because of the weight of the stuff. Also that outside pocket of the hobo flaps open a little where your elbow is. That's exactly what happened with my black patent hobo. I returned it because it just didn't feel right and there were some scratches. This is what I was guessing, the reason why the ergo patent leather is a bit crinkled is because the coating itself is quite thin, therefore it is softer and more suitable to be used to make the slouchier hobo style bags. (Remember the patent leather Gallery totes that came in deep blue and brown during Christmas time? Those are much thicker and durable coating because the Gallery tote is a much more structured bag and need the "stronger" patent leather to hold its shape. I bought a mini skinny in the brown and I use it everyday. There is no sign of wear and tear as of now.) I really think the coating on the patent Ergo is not permanant and might be prone to scratches and when it gets scratched off, the patent leather loses its luster.

As for the Turq color, it is an AWESOME color, but for some reason, large hobo looks a bit big for your frame. You are really thin so the large Ergo hobo looks a bit too big on you. Also notice the way it hangs and slouches, it looks like you don't carry too much with you. I feel the bag looks a little "hollow".

Oh yeah, I also thought about whether I'd get frustrated if I have to dig around for my change purse of my keys... Large hobo style bags tend to do that because there's no "solid floor" in it.

I think overall the tote style looks best in the Ergo line, followed by small hobo. (and color-wise, the vintage leather is the best)