Coach and LV - Can you love both??

I love them both - I have loved Coach for years, and have recently bought a couple LV items, and have another I've been eyeing. I use my LV bag when I go out somewhere special, dinner, etc. My Coach is my "everyday, mall shopping, grocery shopping, take the kiddo to a birthday party" bag. I love them both for different reasons!

When I first posted on this thread, I had no LV, but now I do. I do love both though. I think with Coach you get a trendier bag at a lower price. More bang for the buck. Not to mention, I tend to get paranoid about the vachetta which hasn't really patinaed yet. I love my LVs (and I have several now) but deep down I am a Coach girl at heart.

I LOVE both. I got my first couple Coach pieces a few months after my first LVs. I had the same helpful, enthustiastic help from each subforum before my purchases. I'm proud to carry 'em all!!

I just got into handbags two months ago. Among my purchases, I bought one Coach and one LV. While both are handsome and wellmade, the LV speedy is my favorite. The Coach I bought was the from the Pebbles leather collection and it's a pretty mahogany. I HATE HATE HATE Coach's fabric monogram bags; they look so tacky, IMO (sorry if that offends anyone).

About which is more timeless, I feel that the Coach leather bags have the possibility of being timeless bags, but those sig ones are waaay trendy!

Honestly, I equally love both (and Balenciaga of course!) I get a touch more of a thrill buying Louis Vuitton, but still love Coach, now more than ever. The best thing Coach did was introduce the Legacy collection. I am also not a big fan of the fabric logo bags, so I was happy to see more high quality leather brought back.

I am also picky with LV though. If there is too much vanchetta on the bag, then I immediatly take it out of consideration. I love my Batignolles Vertical and am a huge fan of the damier pattern (I just received my new damier speedy 30 in the mail from E-Lux about 30 minutes ago; I adore it!).

I really think it's a question of personal taste. My mom has LV bags and I have Coach. While I like the design of some of her bags, I've never loved LV in general (though their patent line, I think it's called vernis, is stunning). My mom, while she likes a lot of my bags, would never wear Coach simply because it's not her style. So I think it's up to each individual whether they can love both or be "exclusive".

I'm not crazy about LV, but I guess it's mainly because I see even more people carrying it than Coach. I also would never spend that much money on a purse. It took me until I was 30 years old before I would spend the money for a Coach (even though I always wanted one). Now I have 6 bags, but my husband has bought me 4 of them.

You love what you love, and I love having purses - of all shapes and sizes, from different designers. I have more Coach purses than any other kind because those have appealed to me more and I have more exposure to them.
But I also have Chloe, Marc Jacobs, and Fendi. I don't have an LV because I haven't fallen in love with one of their styles yet and the leather seems quite stiff, just the opposite of the beautiful buttery Coach leather. But if you Love it - go for it! A beautiful handbag is a beautiful handbag.
And to those who say a Coach handbag isn't timeless I just pulled out my old legacy handbag - purchased after my 1st real job - still in good condition and it looks right in fashion now.