Clutches instead of wedding flowers?

1. I'm getting married (not for a couple of years, mind you - we've only been engaged a couple of weeks) and I've been idly thinking about wedding traditions and realised, whilst I've been to heaps of friend's weddings and thought them lovely, I'm (and we!) are just not in for a lot of the typical wedding things - cakes, wedding singers, speeches... and amongst them, flowers.

Am I missing the point on the flowers thing though? If I (and any bridesmaids I have... undecided on that one too) have a pretty clutch to hold instead, will it look like I / we are about to bolt or something? :shrugs:

TIA...

2. I think it's a cute idea. Especially if they are great for using in the future.

3. My husband and I broke with a lot of traditions when we got married. We weren't traditional wedding people either, so we decided to do our own thing. It turned out great and exactly the way we wanted it- more like an elegant cocktail party than a typical wedding.

My best advice to you is to follow your heart and do what you want. It's YOUR day so do what makes your happy! I'm sure it will be beautiful!

4. Well I've seen people give their bridesmaids clutches as a gift, but I think that holding a bunch of purses in the photo would look odd. I would just go w/out flowers then.

5. If I ever renew my vows, I'm walking down the isle with a bottle of Grey Goose!

6. ^^
    LMAO! Can I be a bridesmaid at that wedding??

Anyways, OP I think your clutch idea is really cute. The bridesmaids I know who got one really appreciated the gift.

7. I think it's cute and could be very modern. You could also have flowers intertwined somehow with the clutches or flowers on the clutches if you find the right ones.

8. I seem to recall that not too very long ago, having the bridesmaids dress in black was totally against the rules and not a very good idea, but things have changed because it is very chic and acceptable now and people don't look at it as an odd thing to do. I think that clutches would be fabulous. I don't think baseball bats would be a good idea, though. Now, that would be wrong! :lol:

9. I got married on the beach. I was the only one who had flowers. My bridesmaids had a groomsman on each arm so they didn't have any free hands to hold flowers. They had a flower in their hair though. Break the traditional mold and do what you want. It's your wedding and do what YOU want just like another poster said!

10. I love this idea, it would look absolutely fab with all of you holding Leiber clutches!

11. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: What more can I say? Love your taste in vodka!!:tup:

12. I didn't want flowers because I was BROKE as a JOKE, but my MOH went to the corner deli before the big event and bought roses and used her Martha Stewart skills to make bouquets. Frankly, I think the point of the flowers is to give your hands something to do while you (and the 'maids) are walking down the aisle. It makes for MUCH nicer pictures than if you were just walking regularly. I have to say, as someone who was anti-flower, you gotta go with the flowers. Because it would look strange to hold a clutch in the same way as you'd hold a bouquet :smile:

13. i think that would be such a fun idea - it depends on how you play it up i guess - not to mention you have to take into account as to how you want the clutches to play into the outfit - like LeeMiller say - it might look odd - so you have to plan it out for sure!

14. I think it a great idea. if you really worried it'll look weird have one of your maids get in the dress (or a dress) and take pictures of them holding a clutch opposed to flowers to see how it looks.

15. this is a great point but, if they are walking with a groomsmen on one arm they have only one hand free ( for a clutch ) anyways.