clutch w/ hard sides (not the timeless) question

Aimee3

O.G.
May 13, 2006
I was wondering if anyone saw in person that hard sided patent clutch that looks really flat, retail somewhere in the low $3000's?
If anyone has, can you fit anything in it besides a single credit card? It looks nearly flat but I still love the way it looks (in pictures).:upsidedown:

I think I know which one you're talking about. I saw it at Saks several weeks back -- in the most amazing red color (red patent) and also black patent. It was love at first sight and I couldn't put it down! I think I also saw another version of this bag in Elle or Bazaar last month, in a TDF electric blue color. Unfortunately I don't think it fits much (besides credit card, lip gloss, etc.) or is nearly as practical as the timeless caviar clutches in terms of being usable for daytime activities. It's also not as easy to carry compared to the timeless classic clutches (harder/thicker material, chunkier, weighs more). A great piece to drool over but personally there's no way I can spend $3k on a tiny clutch in patent leather (not python or exotics). I can totally see Hollywood actresses carrying this piece on the red carpet -- it's better suited for black-tie events than the caviar clutches, but not for my lifestyle.

:yahoo::flowers:
You totally killed my lemming for this bag. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have so few black tie events and for those rare occasions I have a fabulous Kathrine Baumann Swarovski bag that I love to use, since it's only been "out" maybe 3 times in 6 years!!!
What a terrible waste! I don't need or want any more closet bags.

However it must be TDF in red patent or electric blue!