Cloud's Latest Botkiers....

Thanks for your response, Cloud! It was really helpful. I still need to mull it over since I wear dark denim a lot. I also have a credit at LB for returning my 3-Zip MAC so I'll most likely get the Black Howard. I'll keep you posted if you like.

I know that you got your Tao during a sale, but do you know if there are any places that still has it at a good price? I Googled it but I keep finding the shoulder bag and not the crossbody, which I think would be good on days when I don't want to carry a lot. I also love the zipper detail that you pointed out. :smile:

I also can't wait for your review on the Uma! I think I'll e-mail Aster Alice to see if they're getting any more soon.

I will keep my eyes out Novella for the crossbody! I think you can't go wrong with either the cement or the black. I just love the style!

mielikki, I swap out my bags every few days now! I have them so might as well use them!

uma is here!!! I am so excited that she arrived. She must have been the last delivery of the day because it was nearly 8:00! I have not gotten a good look but I think I am in love. I will look her over tomorrow and try to post some pics! :smile:

Here she is...aubergine pearl uma! The color is a dark purple and in the light it shimmers with purple specks. The color I see is hard to capture in the pics. The leather is soooo soft and the size is smaller than what I imagined it to be. Just like the venice it is not a very heavy bag. I love all the ruching detail on the bag. This bag has one zip pocket on the outside and one on the inside. There are also the 3 compartments on the inside with the key chain.

attachment.php

There is a removable shoulder strap that also has the ruching detail at the top. I like the buckles on the end of the handle. The bag has just the right amount of details!

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is my first purple bag and I love it.....:love:

Attachments

• DSC_0320_resize.JPG
    DSC_0320_resize.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC_0329_resize.JPG
    DSC_0329_resize.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC_0331_resize.JPG
    DSC_0331_resize.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 271
Just checked and it does not have the side zip pockets. When I first read about your uma I thought I had misdeed something! When I was inspecting the bag I was thinkiing to myself that it did not have all those extra pockets that my other botkiers have.

4449751214_88a8e88048.jpg
attachment.php

This is my Chocolate Uma with the side pockets. Either way, the Uma in my opinion is a great bag. The ruching detail on this bag is not something that you don't see everyday.

Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Thanks elizabeth for the comparison pics. I went back and looked at the botkier website and there are side zips on the black but not on the aubergine. I love the chocolate color! If I lived in New York (or even remotely close) I would stand in line with you at the next sample sale!!! :biggrin:

I was looking forward to your Uma reveal! The Aubergine Pearl color is truly amazing and I love how it sparkles in the light. It's a bummer that it doesn't have the side zip pockets but it's not a deal breaker at all. Congrats again! :drool:

Congrats, Cloud, love the Aubergine Uma! :drool: Re: the side pockets, the samples/prototypes were actually made with the side pockets, but they were later removed for the production pieces from Fall '09. There was a bit of a minor kerfluffle about it on the subforum, and Monica gave the above explanation then. As for the current Umas, including the black one currently on Botkier.com, it looks like they ended up reinstating the side pockets for this season.

(Although, I'm not sure how you wound up with one with the side pockets, elizabeth? Chocolate's a Fall '09 leather too, IIRC. But either way, lucky find!)