Clochette on Bayswater

1. I have had two bayswaters, a regular and a tooled both which I sold. I am looking to buy another one and have found one which is authentic, however the clochette is not on the handles how they usually are, it is just hanging, not threaded through itself like they susally are and I don' think you would be able to get it off and put it on the other way. Has anyone else seen one like this?
  2. I am not sure what you mean to be honest:smile: However you can remove the clochette and the padlock from the clochette if that helps
  3. What I mean is the one I have seen has the colchette on the handle so it can't be removed, if that makes sense?
  4. here is a pic:

5. Would you be able to take it off and put it back on again?
  6. I really dont'tknow - I have never seen one like that!! I see what you mean though. Sorry can't help you there - to be honest I have never taken mine off so I don't think it would bother me:yes:
  7. I have seen many tooled ones with that kind of clochette. I really dont know what's the idea :confused1::confused1:
  8. I just double-checked my apple green Mulberry Bayswater, which is authentic from a Mulberry shop, and the clochette is attached the way it is in the photo, not attached around the handle through its own loop as might be on other bags. So it may be different from what you have seen elsewhere, but it is apparently normal for this style of bag and not a cause for concern.

If you are just worried about being able to remove it, it's no problem because the end inside the clochette cover is just a normal knot and can be easily undone. I've done it before and it was easy both to untie it and replace it.