cles - how versatile and is it a LV must?

Definitely a must! Clés are definitely my LV weakness. I have several. I use a clés every single day, they're great for attaching your car key, or for grabbing if you only need a couple of cards and some cash. I use mine for coins since I don't use the coin compartment in my wallet, I use them sometimes to hold earphones, and my USB flash drives. They're so handy!

I was just about to reply with an "ugh I never use my cles how is everybody making theirs work" but you (and this thread in general) have given me some ideas. Thank you! :biggrin:

I have a key holder and a zcp so I am trying to decide if I should get the cle or not...Decisions, decisions.

My LV store only has the Epi and MC both are bigger than the mono or damier pieces.

I plan on getting one in June when I go to New York for my dress fitting/alteration appointments.

It will be very useful for on the go errands and quick trips! I will clip my keys onto it & carry my DL, debit card and some cash in it.

Not sure which one to get as of yet.

I think it would depend what you would put inside it...I own a MC cles with the brass in the corners and it holds a few bills and coins and probably 2 cards. The Vernis one can probably hold more. If you plan to put a train pass or a few cards in it, you may find this useful :smile:

Love my cles. Couldn't imagine not having this cutie with me everyday. I like the extra exterior slip pocket. I keep my dl in there.
Inside I keep Sams club card, AAA card, and $20 bill. Very useful slg.
Here she is :smile:
image-831677313.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Interesting. I got a vernis cles recently and while it is oh so pretty, it is pretty much impossible for me to put anything in. It's so hard and it is quite 'bulky' compared to the DE cles that I have.

I have been using the DE cles as a keychain for my car keys and house keys. Also put some cash in it and occasionally a credit card or two. The DE cles is my most used LV item. I love it to bits. Hopefully I will learn to love my vernis cles too or else it is back to the shop.

I have two cles, a mono and a limited edition one which is slightly bigger than the mono. I originally bought them without any purpose, just wanted a cles at the time. I have to say i use my LE one everyday, in fact i use that as my main wallet. Is just so convenient. Recently i need a new wallet and have been debating do i actually need a proper wallet or something similar to the cles but bigger (pouch). I think that shows how good it it.

I do not use the mono one often, i bought it after the LE one. Sometimes i just put my keys in it when i am using nice bags so the keys don't scratch the interior. Whatever your decision i am sure you will defo love it when you have one in your hands.

May I ask since many of us baby or look after our LV items, how did you find hooking your key onto a cles (Vernis). I don't baby my stuff but do try not to get it scratched or dented if possible.... I love Vernis SLG, thinking of getting a cles in the new Jaune Passion or Rouge Grenadine.

Last edited:
I have recently got a cles and i love using it.. I holds my id, home and fare cards plus a credit cards.. Then plus my my house keys and i am ready to rock..

That said.. I fear i abuse my cles a little., miss mytrile blue got expanded since she arrive in my household

*edit*

i have a really silly question.. Am i suppose to put the keys in the cles itself or hook the key on the clip?? I personally hook it.. But.. Come to think of it.. I might be using it wrongly *opps*

jeanaseah said:
I have recently got a cles and i love using it.. I holds my id, home and fare cards plus a credit cards.. Then plus my my house keys and i am ready to rock..

That said.. I fear i abuse my cles a little., miss mytrile blue got expanded since she arrive in my household

*edit*

i have a really silly question.. Am i suppose to put the keys in the cles itself or hook the key on the clip?? I personally hook it.. But.. Come to think of it.. I might be using it wrongly *opps*

I'm not sure if I'm using it "right" lol but I use it like a key chain - keys on a ring, clipped on and my cards etc inside. I LOVE IT. I went with the canvas bc it's so durable. I have damier ebene and will probably purchase mono soon.

i love my cles! i have the mc noir with the grenadine interior. i would use it for my proximity badge at work and hook it to one of my purse straps or a d-ring to let myself inside my building. lately, i've been using it to hold my keys, license, and 2 credit cards as well. that way i can just pop in and out of wherever i'm going and not have to carry in my big purse :biggrin: