Cleansing Oil. Anyone use this?

1. I've heard tons of great things about using cleansing oil as your facial cleanser even on oil, acne prone skin, but the though of putting oil on my oily skin scared me, so I never tried it.

BUT, last week while at the mall I stopped in the Origins store just to look around. I asked the SA what she recommended for oily, acne prone skin which gets a bit dry due to the products I've been using and she went for the cleansing oil called "Clean Energy". She gave me some samples to take home and for the past few days have been cleaning my skin with the cleansing oil, and I am AMAZED at the results. My skin looks smooth, pores look tighter and I have less blackheads and no clogged pores. I can't believe it.

I'm about to go back and buy the bottle. I just hope it continues working this well.

Does anyone else use cleansing oils? What are your thoughts?
  2. I am addicted to DHC deep cleansing oil-it's great, and rinses clean.
  3. I just tried this last week on my non-oily skin and it broke out sooooooo bad :push:

I've heard it's good for oily skin though so idk. Make sure you read the ingredients-- usually it's just something like castor oil (I used olive oil bc my skin is dry) and maybe one other ingredient, and that's it. So I wouldn't spend big bucks on something I could so easily make myself...
  4. Without doubt, DHC deep cleansing oil!!!
  5. i use SK-II's cleansing oil and absolutely love it! it really clear out my blackheads and keeps my skin smooth, clear and soft. i'd initially worried that an oil would break me out horribly and make me super-greasy, but it seems to do the opposite. it's a must have in my bathroom :tup:.
  6. I have the Shu Uemura one that I use at night and it's ok - I like how I don't need an eye makeup remover, but I haven't noticed a drastic change in my skin. I'm considering trying another brand.
  7. I'm like you--at first I thought it would feel greasy and who wants that?! I did use some and it wasn't like putting oil on my skin--it foamed a little and my skin felt really smooth afterwards. I can't recall the brand, but the reason I didn't continue is I didn't like the smell. Maybe other brands have either a pleasant odor or no fragrance at all?
  8. When I was having horrible acne breakouts and products like Pro Active had made the problem worse for me, I tried using olive oil. I figured I had nothing to lose! Olive oil combined with steam treatments cleared my skin like nothing I had ever tried. It was like my skin was trying to overcompensate for the drying agents in traditional acne treatments, so it went into oil production overdrive. The olive oil gave my skin nothing to compete against and it soon was clearer and smoother than I had seen in years.

I now alternate oil/steam treatments with Cetaphyl cleanser, and that seems to maintain a good balance for me. But cleansing oils sound intriguing. I might have to try them out, although it does seem a handy way to profit from a treatment that is extraordinarily inexpensive!
  9. I love the Shu Uemura antioxidant cleansing oil !
  10. I have used Shu Uemura for a while and the only great thing I can say about it is the fact it is awesome at removing makeup (even waterproof). It's nothing spectacular as a cleanser IMO.
  11. I can't stand the SK-II cleansing oil, but love the Dior and Shu Uemura ones...

The Dior and Shu Uemura ones are fantastic and rinse off well without leaving any film or anything.
  12. I use Shu Uemura's cleansing oil, but only to remove makeup. I thought that was what it was for.. as apposed to being a facial cleanser. I use Cetaphil to clean my face instead..
  13. I use a cleansing oil from my local japanese market and love it. It's great for getting makeup off.
  14. I'm looking for a cleansing oil for combination skin. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it since I just spent so much money building on my regime products. I'd like to spend around $20 or less.

Which ones do you recommend and why?
  15. DHC deep cleansing oil. I don't know if I'm allowed to post their website? It runs around $20 I think.

I've had troubled skin in the past.. blackheads and breakouts were the norm for my skin, but RIGHT after I started using this stuff my skin has never looked better.

I use their deep cleansing oil and the soap they recommend right after. I've dabbled in some of their other products, and they are fabulous. I'm a DHC "lifer" :p