Cleaning Your Balenciaga

chaussurewhore said:
what color is your bag? my shoe repair guy told me there was nothing you could do since it was from oils in hands and that why women used to wear gloves..unacceptable answer! i sent my bag to a special place to have only the handles redone. i dont have it back so i cant reccomend yes or no yet...

Wow you can actually have the handles redone? Keep us posted!! :lol: I have a calcaire and have since retired it because it attracts dirt like no other...

bijin said:
i don't want my handles to darken so will the apple gard prevent it?
i try to carry my bag on my arm if i can because i don't want dark handles.

I'm not very sure about this because I don't personally own a light colored b-bag. Though I heard from some people that when they try to condition it with the apple care, the "rope" part in the handle gets slightly darkened up (maybe because the dirt that was lifted from the handles by the conditioner got stuck to the rope-y part), so you might want to watch out for it.

i need to start taking care of the leather, but i don't know what i'm supposed to use haha

gardebuyshot.jpg
5.5 OZ. APPLE GARDE

leathercarebuyshot.jpg
4 OZ. LEATHER CARE

cleanerbuy.jpg
4 OZ. APPLE LEATHER CLEANER

any of these what you ladies use to clean your balenciaga???

Hi, I just use the conditioner (it will clean the leather also) & then when it dries, I mist it with the Rain & Stain repellent. From leatherstuff.com, I bought the little combo of the cleaner/conditioner (but I've never used the cleaner)

acegirl said:
Hi, I just use the conditioner (it will clean the leather also) & then when it dries, I mist it with the Rain & Stain repellent. From leatherstuff.com, I bought the little combo of the cleaner/conditioner (but I've never used the cleaner)

Is the conditioner the picture with the big jug that says "leather care"? I need to get some of this and am not sure what is what.

I was just thinking about this yesterday, as I want to clean and treat my city. I'll get the cleaner/conditioner and the rain & stain repellent and spray spray spray :P

Here is a picture. Their site does make it confusing as to what is what...I'm not sure if they sell the conditioner separately so I always bought the combo. You don't have to use much so the little bottle does last for a long time. I can't imagine buying a gallon of any of that stuff! Also, when you spray the Rain repellent, do it very lightly, like a mist. Avoid spraying too long in one spot.

Attachments

• carekitbuyshot.jpg
    carekitbuyshot.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 4,222
  • gardebuyshot.jpg
    gardebuyshot.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4,185
acegirl said:
Here is a picture. Their site does make it confusing as to what is what...I'm not sure if they sell the conditioner separately so I always bought the combo. You don't have to use much so the little bottle does last for a long time. I can't imagine buying a gallon of any of that stuff! Also, when you spray the Rain repellent, do it very lightly, like a mist. Avoid spraying too long in one spot.

Thanks for the clarification, very helpful for me! :flowers: Now I know what to buy!