Cleaning Vachetta

1. ...Yes... I do know about search in the forum, however none of the "cleaning vachetta" subjects give a straight answer... so this is how I am going to do it...

Ok, so the under part of the handles on my Speedy 40 look a litte dirty... and it doesn't have much patina to it yet... and I want to keep it that way for as long as possible... So what do i need to use to clean it...

Like I said, the subjects under the FAQ's do not give a straight answer... its just people saying "use this!"... "no don't do that"... "this works"... "no it doesn't"... and it gets confusing and its very contradictory (sp?)

So a straight forward answer with instructions would be GREATLY appreciated...

Thank you!

2. Ok... someone moved this... thats cool...:mad:

so... anyone with any ideas?

3. white eraser, just rub it gently many times, don't push it too hard, it should get some dirt off. I did that before and it worked.

4. You are not going to get a cut clear answer regarding what to do, for so many members have different methods and use different products to clean the vachetta on their LV bags. Some have success with Magic Eraser, some swear by alcohol-free baby wipes, some use both then apply a conditioner afterwards. Some use protective sprays and lotions to prevent stains such as Shining Monkey, Wilson Leather Spray, Apple Guarde, etc. There are too many variations to provide you with a single straight answer. The best thing to do is to do a search and see who has the same situation as yourself and try what they used. Please understand also there are no guarantees with the products or manner of how members address cleaning their vachetta on their bags, each person makes their attempt at their own risk, for LV states to apply nothing to the leather as a protectant and only says to only use saddle soap to clean heavily stained vachetta. Good Luck!