cleaning an old chanel bag?

1. Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I have an old black chanel medium classic flap from 10+ years ago. This bag is pretty well-worn - there are some scratches and the leather looks dull in general.

How can I "recondition" or do some maintenence on the bag? Anything I can use in particular? I like its aged look, but just wanna bring it a bit more up to date. Thanks!:girlsigh:
  2. is it lambskin??:shrugs:
  3. Do you have a Chanel store near you? They might be able to do something for it.
  4. Honestly, I'm not sure... it's certainly not caviar, but it is not as soft as the new lambskin bags they have now.. It's the smooth matt leather they have on the older bags... i think.. i'm not sure what it is

I called my SA and she said they don't do reconditioning.. all they can do is take their white cloth and give it a rub!
  5. Hmmmnnn, that doesn't sound right to me. I am pretty sure that you can always bring a bag in for reconditioning. My aunt gave me a classic flap and it was from the 2 series I think, anyway it was in good shape but not perfect. I brought it in and they sent it away for about a month and it truly came back like new...Cost a few dollars but well worth it.
  6. NO NO NO.. ur SA's are bad! my friend has a white lambskin clutch.... well she lost her dustbag she wrapped it up in newspapers... MAJOR color transfer! my mom almost fainted when she saw it! we went to our SA and she sent it off to this place... it was $107... but well worth it she got it a month later in mint condition
  7. wow glad to hear it turned out well!.. I'm gonna have to give a call to another SA! thanks!