Cleaning an Ink spot on Coach White bag

1. Does anyone know what cleaner I can use to try and get an inkspot off a white handbag. I remember a thread that had this place where one could send their bags to be cleaned that was not Coach. Please let me know.
    I tried searching but the Search did not work.

2. Ouch... Sorry, no advice though...

Whoever develops a formula to easily remove ink from leather handbags should get an International Award in Science (of some type)...

You would think that someone somewhere is working on such a formula.

Any research scientists on the board?
  3. Coach actually sells a cleaner and that is the only one we recommend. As far as getting an inkspot off I don't think you're going to have much luck. So sorry about your bag it may be time for a new white leather one.
  4. Ha ha, actually I am a research scientist. Not that kind though. Seems like I heard on another thread that someone used alcohol. Try this on the bottom of the bag first, or only if you are going to just toss it any way. But what they did was take a q-tip and dipped it in regular rubbing alcohol. Dab it on the ink spot (make sure the q-tip is not sopping wet) and then dab it with a dry end to transfer the ink to the q-tip. Again - please only do this if you are not going to use the bag any way. Or do a search on the boards for alcohol and see if that pulls up that thread.
  5. interesting solution. i'd give it a shot. if it didn't work, that would just be another excuse for a trip to COACH ;)
  6. You guys are the best. I knew I read this in some thread but could not find it when doing a search. I will let you know if it works. Thanks again so much. If it does not work then I will purchase a new white bag at the PCE.

7. You may also want to try the magic eraser. I don't know if it's crazy to think it could work on leather, but it did get ink off of my suede couch.
  8. hmm - great tips there... I will have to log them away.

I know some people are going to scream when I say this (and please don't think I "abuse" my bags :shame: )... but I actually used a Mr Clean "magic eraser" thing to clean up a spot on one of my wallets... and it worked well.

Now the spot was very small and I didn't soak the sponge just made it a little damp and rubbed gently and the spot lightened up pretty darn good.

You could try this on the bottom of the bag - or in a spot that wouldn't be too noticeable...

9. LOL

We must have been posting at the same time! Now I don't feel so bad!! :smile:
  10. Found it! Here ya go...
  11. the alcohol thing sounds like it would work well. good luck!
  12. Thats awesome! I'm glad someone else believes in the magic of the magic eraser! :p
  13. Good luck. I know it will lighten the leather on most bags. I would test it first.
  14. I've never tried this on a handbag, but hairspray gets ink out of just about anything else. Good Luck!
  15. Have you tried MAGIC ERASER? I have a 3yr old who loves to draw on EVERYTHING!!! Markers, crayons, pens, Etc.

And MAGIC ERASER has worked for EVERYTHING so far!!!