Cleaning a Gucci lining?

1. I have a black fabric Jackie O with pink lining, and the top edge of the pink lining has gotten rather dirty from use, to the point where it is noticeable, and therefore embarrassing, when I open the bag.

Can it be cleaned? And if so, how?

Thanks for any help!

2. I know if you send it in to gucci they will clean it for you.

3. First I would try baby wipes. If that does not work I know Coach makes fabric cleaners. Or you can try a damp cloth with some mild laundry detergent.

4. katmb,

Your purse sounds so cute! I have a brown fabric Jackie O. Would you mind posting a picture of yours? I'd love to see it!

5. ditto on that ^ i wanna see it too!! :smile:

i stupidly put a half eaten chocolate bar in the inner pocket of my gucci and if orgot about it...ummm i live in arizona and YEAH that was nasty!!

What i did was flip it inside out wiped it down...then i used a little bit of oxyclean and water (haha yes i know OXYCLEAN?? but it works!) and its pretty much safe for the bag :smile:

OR the safest bet is sletzer water!

6. Thanks for all the advice. I think I will try spot cleaning a small area myself, to see how it works.

Here are some pictures of the bag. I've seen a photo of Jackie O from the 70s, somewhere in France or Greece, shopping in wide-legged white pants, a striped boatneck tee, big sunglasses and the original version of this bag. I am going to be in Europe this summer, so I decided to get the bag cleaned up and take it along to re-create the look!

IMG_1714.JPG IMG_1715.JPG
  7. Lovely purse, definitely a classic. Hope you cleaned it well!

8. wow! thats a beauty!!