Cleaning a dirty, stained bag

1. I have a M by MJ yam colored bag that I've managed to get really dirty and stained. I took it to my dry-cleaners, whose leather cleaners didn't get it clean. I'm not even sure if they tried, the owner wasn't there today, and the bag looked the same to me.

So, I was wondering if anyone know of a good leather cleaner in NYC or should I send it to Lovin My Bag, I've read great things about them on this forum. Or should I attemp this myself and what would be a good product? TIA for your help.

2. I have never tried Lovin my Bag, but I know a lot of people here have used her products and/or sent their bags to her w/good results. You can try purchasing her products and try yourself first if you don't want to send her the bag.

I use a product by a company called Cadillac. I used to buy it a long a time ago from Walgreens, but they stopped carrying it. Last week, I found it at Nordstroms and bought a bottle. I've used it on couple of my bags, and it worked wonders (altho my bags weren't as dirty as you're describing). It's gentle & won't lift the color.

If you have a Nordstroms near you, you can call & see if they have it. It's only about $6, so it certainly couldn't hurt to try.

3. Don't do anything but send it to lovinmybag. There are many threads and several current ones about this company. They CARE about your bag and the result and know how to do fit it.