Clean = Shiny?!

1. After I wash my face, it's very shiny. I've only noticed this in the last year or so - anyone else like this? It's so shiny that my DAD noticed yesterday after I'd gotten out of the shower and asked what I used on my face (soap and water, I replied).

2. Maybe you need to be using a special face wash instead of soap that you use on your body. I always use a face wash and not regular soap. My sister always has a shiny face and uses face blotter tissues through out the day.

3. From what I've heard, being shiny after washing is just our pores replenishing the layer of oils that got stripped off during the cleansing process. So it could be that the soap & water routine might be a bit too harsh?

4. I've never had a shiny face right out of the shower. I have noticed my face tends to be shiny right after a facial from all the products that haven't fully absorbed (I assume?). Or maybe it's from the mask?

5. If your skin is shiny and feels taut after washing, it's because the cleanser you used is too drying for you skin. It strips away too much oil. You can either use a toner to restore the pH level or switch to a more gentle cleanser, such as Cetaphil.

6. thanks guys! :smile:

7. I just wanted to say - you guys were exactly right.

I just used Cetaphil (my dad uses it - how lucky, I didn't have to buy some) instead of my normal Dove soap... and I'm shine-free post shower. Thank you!!!

8. Yay!! :amuse:

9. Means your cleanser is not right for your skin type. In future you can do the "smile test". Your face should first be matte, soft, and when you smile, you should be able to do it freely without skin tightening at cheeks or lips. :biggrin:

10. Soap isn't good for any type of skin. It's better to use a mild cleanser, the gentler the better. I use only baby wash, cause it's the only thing gentle enough for my sensitive skin :yes:

11. I have gotten a shiney face after showering, and I like it especially because I have oily skin. Toner and moisterizer is what you should use after so that yuor face doesnt become too dry

12. My dermatologist actually recommended Dove soap. :confused1:

13. ^ Dove? very interesting what is your skin type?