Classical Music?

1. I love it! I got so excited when it occurred to me I could download classical music on my ipod.

Growing up, my dad would play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata on the piano. My parents bought me a Mozart Classical Kids c.d. of The Magic Flute.

My favorites downloaded onto my ipod are (and I consider it a great accomplishment to find them):

Air on G-String by Bach

Cello Suite No. 1, Prelude by Bach

Canon in D by Pachelbel

Symphony No. 6 Allegro by Beethoven

Der Hölle Rache from The Magic Flute by Mozart

^^ What's interesting is you'll hear beauty queens sing this as the talent portion in pageants and they're beaming, but if you look at the translated lyrics, the character is furious and vows revenge. The first line is: "The vengeance of Hell boils in my heart"

I also love Bond, an Australian / British string quartet specializing in classical crossover music.

My favorites:

The 1812
    Alexander the Great
  2. THis is maybe my all time favourite song.

I like classicla music a lot, but sometimes when I'm in the city the delicate sound disappears in the noise, so I don't listen to it a lot on my mp3-player.
  3. I was trained in classical piano and while I did not pursue a career as a professional pianist (almost did!) I do still find classical music a huge solace in my life.

Some of my favorites:

Reverie (Debussy)
    Claire de Lune (Debussy)
    Liebestrame, nocturne for piano in A-flat major (Lizst). this one will give you chills, guaranteed
    Prelude No. 2 (Gershwin)
    Rhapsody in blue (Gershwin)

4. ^^ I just put Liebestraume on my ipod. is a great directory of links to mp3s of classical music.
  5. ^^ Oh Caitlin that's awesome. It just moves me to tears every time. I can only play a portion of it on the piano...someday I will get all of it nailed!!

Another favorite of mine is Reflets dans l'eau (Reflections in the Water) by Debussy.

Guess I'm just a huge Debussy fan!! I love the Impressionist era...when you hear this you can't help but think of sunlight dappling on a river or pond.
  6. I forgot Flower Duet by Delibes.
  7. Thanks for the website info! After so much time using my iPod for workout music which means mostly electronic/dance music I am rediscovering the classical stuff I have not listened to in awhile on here!

Another great one: the 2nd movement of Beethoven's Pathetique sonata: Adagio cantabile.

Can you tell I'm a huge fan of classical piano LOL.
  8. Choral music and anything on strings gets me every time.

In high school we sang O Fortuna by Carmina Burana.

I haven't been in a chorus for a long time, but I still make it a point to practice so I can still hit those high notes.
  9. I also love Adiago for Strings - both the original Samuel Barber version and the Bond version.
  10. Oh Caitlin, if you are into choral music (me too!) there is an incredible Brahms motet you must hear:

Schaffe in Mir Gott, Ein Rein Herz (create in me, God, a clean heart, I think is the translation).

It also moves me to tears. I love a cappella choral music and we sang this one in our chamber choir...OK almost 20 years ago for me but it was a mind blowing experience.
  11. ^^ It's beautiful!
  12. I'm not sure if this classifies, but I'm a huge fan of the opera (and Maria Callas, as you can see from my avatar). I have a bunch of my favourite arias on my iPod!
  13. I use to work for a Classical Radio Station and adored it. One of my favourite places of all time.
  14. I worked in Radio (Hip-Hop, and top 40 as well). What fun. Anyhow, you can never go wrong with Classical!!!!!